Chapter Thirteen- 'How long is a lot of time?'

There's no 'scene' in this chapter- aww. I know so many of you wanted me to write the 'scene', but it was so hard and awful. There will be flash backs and dreams throughout the book, if that makes any sense. They're in italics (:

-Joey's P.O.V-

~

My wrists were tight and motionless. The cold metal against my skin kept them in place. The only soarce of light slithered in from the small crack in the door and forced the restraints on my hands to shine. My misserable body lay ridged on the itchy bed sheets alone, with only the sound of the rapid bangs in my chest and my heavy breathing. Every feeling in my body was drained. I was emotionless. Exhausted.I tried to fight back, punching, kicking, scraping I did it all. But it was hopeless, I was hopeless.

~

"That's when he came in, I fought, I really did, but I couldn't do anything." I explained everything I knew to the psychiatrist. Everything I wanted her to know. She stared into my eyes, judging. I fidgeted in my seat, fingers playing tag and feet tapping on the floor to the imaginary beat in my head. Or maybe they were dancing along to the thump of my heart.

"Is that the last thing you remember? Where did you wake up?", she questioned, raising her eyebrow. It wasn't a hard question. I woke up alone and extremely frightened. I lay, completely silent, barely breathing or blinking for what seemed like hours.

~

"Joey.. are you okay?", a faint whisper echoed through the dismal space. My brain was gorged with memories, but I couldn't remember where I was. "Joey?", the sympathetic tone of the mysterious voice bewildered me even more. My mind buzzed with possibilities, trying to put a face behind the voice. But I couldn't, it was only a mere murmur. I wanted to leave, the thought of lying in the dirty sheets any longer made me feel sick. But I couldn't remember why. Where was I? I wanted to ask this question so badly, but my throat wouldn't let me, it wouldn't allow one word to pass my lips. So I did the best I could and let out a muffled whimper. The silhouette that guarded the door ran over to me, but ended up stopping just below the bed. Their eyes scanned every inch of my body. I knew who it was. I knew their blue orbs. I knew it was Shane.

~

"I woke up in a bed, I left the room after a while of just lying there. I can't remember where the house was so there is no point asking. I just remember going home and it was dark.", I didn't want to tell her everything, I didn't want to tell her where I was. I couldn't tell her who did it, no matter how much I wanted to. Shane told me to say nothing. I had to lie.

~

"Please don't tell anyone! I know what he did was awful, but he's still my dad- and he may treat me like shit, but I love him. He wasn't always like this. He used to be nice, kind, fatherly. It's not his fault he's like this, it's mine. So please don't put him in jail. Don't tell anyone about what he did."

~

The frustrating click of an impatient pen tugged at my thoughts, until the only thing I could think about was how irritating the sound was. Miss Adams caught my cringe with the corner of her golden eyes and stopped, those eyes always seemed to remind me of hazelnuts. Hazelnuts that stared at me, judged me, looked me up and down.

I wasn't surprised she looked at me like that though. Disgusted. Everyone was looking at me like that now. Repulsed. They would stare at me if I walked down the street, although I had only ventured outside the safety of my room yesterday, the first time in a week. It was like they knew. Like they knew how vile I was. How dirty I was.