Chapter 7

We got out of the train now it was dark.

"Right, then! First years! This way, please! Come on, now, don't be shy! Come on now, hurry up!" A really big man yells

Harry Ron and I walk up to the big man.

"Hello, Harry." The big man says.

"Hey, Hagrid." Harry says back. So his name is Hagrid seems suitable

"Whoaa!" Ron says taking in how big he is. I actually think this guy could be half giant.

"Right then. This way to the boats! Come on, now, follow me." Hs grid yells.

As we walk over to the boats my excitement was over the top!

"Woah I can feel your excitement" Harry said in my head. So he can feel my feelings that's weird. Well everything is crazy I am in a magic world.

I sat down in a boat with Ron and Harry. As we moved across the lake I looked up at the huge castle. It was so beautiful all i could do was look at it in awe.

"Wicked." Ron said in awe

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

We walk up a flight of stairs.

This place is beautiful and magnificent!
I see a woman, probably a professor, standing in front of a huge door. She had a pointed hat and a stern face. I can tell though that she is kind by the look in her eyes.

"Welcome to Hogwarts. Now, in a few moments, you will pass through these doors and join your classmates. But before you can take your seats you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin. Now, while you are here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you house points. Any rule breaking, and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup" she says.

A scared looking boy, jumps forward yelling Trevor and grabbing a frog. This earned lots of stairs and laughs.

"The sorting ceremony will begin momentarily." Then she left.

A boy which I might add kind of cute but definitely evil looking walks up to Harry. Ton and I were on each side of Harry

"It's true then, what they're saying on the train. Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts."

Students start whispering, Harry Potter

"This is Crabbe, and Goyle" he nods to the two thugs
"and I'm Malfoy...Draco Malfoy."

Ron snickers at his name
"Think my name's funny, do you? No need to ask yours. Red hair, and a hand me down robe? You must be a Weasley.
Well soon find that some wizarding families are better than others, Potter. Dont want to go making friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there." He then extends hand towards Harry.
"I think I can tell who the wrong sort are for myself, thanks" I laugh and high five Harry.

Draco looks confused when he sees me then glares again which by impulse I stick my tongue out I know childish but he doesn't seem to have anything to say back.

McGonagall returns and smacks him on the shoulder with a paper. I giggled and He retreats with one last glare.

"We're ready for you now." Says professor McGonagall.

She leads everyone through two large doors and into the Great Hall, where there are four long tables with many kids, as well as floating candles. The roof appears to be the sky.

"It's not real" hermione says as we were walking next to each other.
"the ceiling. It's just bewitched to look like the night sky. I read about it in "
"Hogwarts: A History." I finished and she gave me a surprised look followed by a big smile