Chapter 12

"One of a wizard's most rudimentary skills is levitation the ability to make objects fly

"One of a wizard's most rudimentary skills is levitation the ability to make objects fly. Uh, do you all have your feathers?" I looked over to Hermione raiseing hers. "Good. Now, uh, don't forget the nice wrist movement we've been practicing, hmm? The swish and flick. " Flitwick was a funny professor. He was so short he stood on a bunch of books.

"The swish and flick." Everyone, including me, said in a monotone voice.

"Good. And enunciate. Wingardium Leviosa. Off you go then."  Every one tried and tried

I looked excitedly at my feather wanting it to work oh so badly.
"Wingardium Leviosa" I said hoping it would go up. Then I saw it, the feather move up a little bit. I hope no one saw because I definitely don't want attention. It's weird, I'm okay with making friends and I love meeting new people but I hate having a bunch of eyes on me at once.

"Wingardrium Leviosar."  Ron whacks his wand numerous times.

"Stop, stop, stop. You're going to take someone's eye out. Besides, youre saying it wrong. It's Leviosa, not Leviosar." Hermione scolded Ron.

"You do it then if you're so clever. Go on, go on." Ron's retort dry and stale.

Hermione straightens up and swishes her wand.

"Wingardium Leviosa." Hermione crisply said her feather glows and lifts up. Ron puts his head on his books dejectedly.

"Oh, well done! See here, everyone! Ms. Granger's done it! Oh, splendid!" Flitwick said as everyone turned in awe to look at Hermione who is sitting next to me on the other side of me is Harry.

"Wingard Levosa. Wingard Levosa." Seamus says trying to make his feather float.

"Well done, dear." Flitwick says to Hermione who has a huge smile on her face.

"Good job, best witch of the year" I said with a wink.

"Well thank you miss, it is such an honour" she said while laughing.

"Well you are very welcome, tell me, how do you do it" I said holding my wand next to my face like a microphone. I put the wand next to Hermione's face while she giggled.

"Well I really don't know how, I just read and read and read till my brain exploded." We erupted into a ton of giggles and our faces turned red from the happiness.

Harry looks at us and shakes his head. I smile and move my wand to him.

"Well dear me, heavens we have The Boy Who lived right here! Wow, are you sad you didn't get any awards at the wizards choice awards?" I said. He laughed and Hermione pretended to fake frown.

"You know, I'm just here to support the other wizards and witchs out there" he faked being serious, a little smile twitched on the corners of his lips.