Chapter 2

It was Tuesday, which means my first day on the job. I arrived early, just so I could settle in a little more. About 30 minutes later I got a phone call from my parents. My dad was Hispanic, and his English just wasn't as good as his Spanish, so I spoke in Spanish to make it easier, just because it was easier like that over the phone.

¡Hola chicos! ?Como va? (My laptop isn't letting me use fancy accent marks AGH)

We had a nice conversation, about Hamilton and how I think I would like it, stuff like that.

Más adelante hablaré a ustedes chicos. ¡Te quiero! (Later, I will talk to you guys. I love you!) I said as I hung up the phone. A few minutes later Lin came into my room.

Lin's POV

I arrived a little before call so I could get some alone time at the theatre. I was about to walk into my dressing room when I heard Winter speaking in Spanish to somebody. She spoke Spanish? I decided to ignore it, it wasn't that big of a deal, I guess. A few minutes afterwards I got lonely so I decided to talk with Winter.

"Hola," I said.

"Hey, Lin" she said. She sounded exhausted.

"Hey, are you okay? You seem tired."

"Huh? Yeah, I'm good. I just did a lot of dancing yesterday."

"I see," I said as she giggled. "So, tell me about yourself." I said and sat down in a chair, placing my fist on my chin to prop my head up.

"Well, I'm 29, and I've been dancing for a while now. I'm an only child, my favorite color is light blue, I'm 5'7", and I'm also giving you useless information."

"Interesting." I said and we both laughed.

"Anyways, I'm really excited to work here, and I like singing, but I think everybody does. It's certainly not on my resume..." She continued telling me more about herself, and eventually it was time for call, so the cast flooded backstage.

"Well, I guess that's your cue," she said. "See you backstage during the show. Break a leg!"

"I hope I will," I said as I walked out of the door and got changed.

Winter's POV

Eventually the intercom called for places. I was so excited. It's my first time seeing the show and I get to see it from backstage. It seems kind of cool to me. As everybody go to their places I high-fived everybody who walked past me. Lin and I did a quick version of our handshake that we came up with earlier while talking as Leslie walked onstage and started singing.

About 14 minutes later The Schuyler Sisters rang out backstage and Lin finally got a good break. It was my duty to get him water when he came off now, just because he doesn't really get much of a break.

"Good job," I said.

"You too, you're pretty on-top of your water duties."

"I know, right?" I giggle.

"You're-" I cut him off to finish his sentence for him...

"Non-Stop!" We both whisper at the same time, remembering to stay quiet. After about a minute he was going to walk to his place, and the show finished without any slip-ups.

"Great job!" I said. "Just try to remember not to have another affair tomorrow night," I giggle and wiggle my eyebrows. Lin just laughs and says "What can I say?"

"Hey," I ask. "Do you want to go out for lunch? Just as an appreciation gift?" I continue.

"Sure!" Lin rings out. "Tomorrow?" he asks and we set up a time. I was about to head home when Lin grabs my arm.

"Shouldn't the guy ask the girl?"

"Well. It's not a date, right?" I ask.

"Well, I suppose not..." He says, confused.

"Then no, it doesn't matter." I smile. That was a pretty good roast in my book. So yeah, obviously I suck at roasting.

"I'll see you tomorrow!" I say and he salutes me as I go back to my apartment and fall asleep.