3

Lin's POV

I woke up at 7:45 this morning and thought about how I was supposed to have lunch with somebody... who was it? Oh, Winter, right. A couple hours later I found myself in a coffee shop watching Winter as she tumbled towards the table.

"What's got you so wobbly?" I ask.

"Oh, I jogged here because I didn't want to be late," she said as she tried to catch her breath.

"Whatever you say," I giggle. Ugh, she was so cute, even if she was sweaty and tired. Her beauty was that kind of beauty that couldn't go away. Wait, why am I saying all of this? I met her 2 days ago! Just a phase, I guess.

We finished lunch and later we end up at the theatre. Nothing special happened for the rest of the day. The show went great, and I went to bed.

The next morning I was think about how it was Thursday, which means in 2 days we have 2 shows. So tiring. The morning was nothing special, I sat on my laptop replying to emails and thought about how one day I want to be able to snuggle up on the couch with a kid and watch Chuggington or something. My kid.

I got to the theatre a little early, and what I saw left me in shock.

It was Winter. But it wasn't just ordinary Winter. She was on the center of the stage singing Burn. As it sounded beautiful. The echo the empty space left behind also gave it that extra jaw-dropping effect.

Winter's POV

I always like to arrive to the theatre early, just to get loose a little. It gives me an opportunity to leap around the empty stage and dance like nobody's watching. Today I decided I wanted to sing a little, too. I did choir in high school, and then I almost went into singing retirement after that and my singing voice was shoved into a closet. I wasn't that bad, either. So I did a few vocal warm-ups and stood center stage and let Burn blast out of my mouth. When I finished I just stood there, taking in the beauty of the empty theatre and checked my phone. Call was in 10 minutes, so I decided to head backstage. However before I got the chance to turn around, I felt a hand on my shoulder and jumped up a little.

"Oh, hey Lin." I said in a monotone voice, acting like nothing was going on.

But he didn't respond. He just kept his jaw on the floor. Oh no.

"D- did you hear that?" I asked nervously.

But he kept his jaw dropped and let his head nod. I let out a sigh and look down in embarrassment.

"I'm not really a singer, I just like to imagi-"

"Be quiet."

"W- what?" I asked.

"Be quiet."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean don't say you're not that good. Because that was the most amazing singing I've ever heard." What?

"Huh?"

"You heard me," Lin said with a smirk.

"Lin-Manuel Miranda, a genius," He blushes, "-and I'm talking like the world's most genius of the geniuses, just said I have an ok voice."

"No I didn't. I said you're voice was amazing."

"Well, tomato, toma-"

"No, you're amazingly talented." He stepped closer.

"Really?" This time we both stepped closer.

"Why would I lie?"

"I dunno, why would you..." I started to drift off. We were a hair-length away from kissing.

"I would love to answer that for you but I'm afraid my lips are being used right now," he whispered before kissing me. But not kissing my lips. My hand. Let me explain:

We were about to kiss, I think, but then we heard Anthony about to shuffle onto the stage to greet us so he quickly kissed my hand to act like we were just joking around. But would he have kissed me? I guess I'll never know.

We both let out a fake giggle and continued on with the night. UGH.