13

When I woke up, something felt... off.

Oh yeah.

I slept over with Lin.

When I turned to face in on the unfamiliar bed, I noticed a sleeping Lin with his arm around me. Yeah, I think we did.

Lin's POV

Did we?

Yeah.

I heard a little shuffling in the bed next to me which woke me up.

Winter noticed I woke up and I thought she would say something.

Silence.

"Hi" I started the conversation.

"H- hey."

"So..."

"I have a question, Mr. Miranda."

"Mhm?"

"Why did you pretend you were drunk?"

"Oh... not sure."

"Mhm..." She said, sounding unconvinced.

"What?" I asked.

"There had to have been a reason."

"Well-" "Did you just want sex?"

...What? No!

"No, of course not," I said calmingly in an attempt to calm her nerves.

"Well, spit it out, then!"

Was this the time I was going to tell her? I mean, we had to feel something last night. Then I look back to the night when I went crazy on-stage. Did I make her uncomfortable? Did she feel like she did that one night when she kiss me... obliged to do it? I wasn't sure. I couldn't exactly read her. Worst of all: did she really like Anthony?

"Were you drunk last night?" I asked, trying to clear the air. I wanted to make sure she had a reason other than drunkenness for it.

"No."

"Okay, well, here it goes." I said. But I didn't continue.

"Well... I'm waiting..."

"Winter... I- I don't know if you wanna hear this." She gave me a worried look, as if I just told her I probably gave her an STD last night.

"No. I don't mean anything to threaten our safeties (Again, STDs)." But she still looked a little tense.

"Winter... I like you. No, I love you. I feel something for you I've never felt before. I don't know how to describe it, I jus-" "Shhh." She responded, cutting me off as she held her index finger up to my lips. "Let's get some more sleep..." She said. I could've gone on for hours about why I loved her... her love for her job, her kindness... everything.

And with that, she drifted off, head on my chest.