8

Lin and I had a nice time at dinner. We arrived at his apartment after a little while.

"I'll make some coffee," Lin said.

"Yeah, we're gonna need it!" I replied. I already felt a little tired. We had a little bit of small talk and drank our coffee. About 15 minutes later, we were hyped.

"You ready?" I asked.

"As ready as I'll ever be!"

We went in order of the songs until we got to the Piragua Reprise.

"Hey, I have a question." Lin said. That made me feel a little nervous.

"Yeah?" I said, trying to keep my cool. A few seconds pass. Silence.

"What is it?" Now I was really nervous. Me speaking made it look like he was snapped out of a temporary gaze.

"Oh, um... how do I make say this without sounding awkward?" He whispered to himself, but then continued on. "I was just wondering why this wasn't a... date." What? Does he want it to be one?

"Oh, well I just didn't know if you would want it to be one, and I didn't want to make anything awkward, I guess."

"What does 'you guess' mean?"

"Nothing, really. Just that that's pretty much the reason."

"Oh, okay." He said, sounding kind of aggravated.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, nothing at all," he said tensely. What's up with him?

"Please just tell me, I thought we were having a great time."

"Nothing's wrong." I could tell he was lying. "It seems like you're tense," He said in a questioning manner.

"Why?" I said. Now I was getting kind of aggravated.

"I don't know. Why are you mad?"

"I'm not. But I wish I was" I said sternly. I we looked at each other for a second and I proceed to walk to the door. Just as I was about to leave Lin blocked my path. I moved to the left to get by. Blocked. I was about to object his actions but before I could say anything we were kissing. It lasted for a good amount of time. I just look down, dumbfounded.

"It's pretty late," I whisper. And with that I leave. We didn't even have to sing Champagne to have me leave like that.