4

This chapter takes place 2 weeks after the last chapter, which means it's on a Thursday.

Two weeks had gone by since Lin and I met on the stage, and I'm still depressed about it. And I have to admit, I like Lin. I wish we got to kiss. But we didn't, and I have to live with it.

I was on my computer tweeting when I heard a knock my door. I told them it was clear and I saw Lin's familiar face standing in the doorway.

"Look," he said, panicking. "Pippa said she feels sick. She can perform tonight, but not tomorrow, and maybe not Saturday. What do I do?!?"

"Relax," I said, rubbing his back in an attempt to calm him down. "We'll find somebody, okay? Where's her understudy?"

"On vacation with her parents in England."

"Okay, do you think you know of anybody who might fit the role?" I ask. At this point, I fell like we're running out of options.

"Um..." Lin said, thinking. All of a sudden, he looks up and smiles.

"No-" I say.

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

With every word we throw at each other we move in closer. When we are about to kiss, I think...

I don't want to mess up our friendship. And I don't want to throw away this shot. I have to say yes to his offer.

"Fine." I manage to whisper into his ear. He looks and me and engulfs me in a hug.

"Perfect! You obviously know the choreography, and you know all of the songs, so come here tomorrow morning at 9:00 sharp. This is the tightest Broadway deal in history, probably. And speaking of which, remember, it's Broadway, its serious. So we need to get right down to business tomorrow. Okay?"

"Alright," I say with a reassuring smile.

"Great." And with that the play commences and I fed Lin his water, as per usual.