5

Lin's POV

I walk into the theatre to see Lac, Winter and the rest of the cast waiting.

"Alright guys, so as you know Pippa is sick and her understudy is on vacation," Alex starts. "So, Winter here will be playing Eliza for the time being, she already knows the choreography, and, if you didnt know already, has a great voice. So let's do a run-through, see how it goes, and we'll have Andy take notes and run through his notes once we practice."

Winter fits into Pippa's costume fine, she just had to tighten it a little bit. After running through every song, Helpless comes on. We do it greatly, and then it was time for the kiss at the end of the song. I put the band onto her finger, and I have a genuine smile on my face as she sings the last word of the song.

"Helpless-" And we finish the song my locking lips. And it didn't feel staged like it does with Pippa or her understudy. It felt real. Satisfied comes on right after, and I lead my "wife" to the side of the stage. Then the rewind of the wedding comes and we get to kiss again. I felt so happy. It was like I had known her since 6th grade or something, and had a crush on her ever since.

A few songs later in the run-through I noticed Winter watching the play on the monitor as I went backstage.

"Hey," I said.

"Hello."

"Great job so far, I know it must be a lot of pressure."

"It is, but you stay calm, so it keeps me calm." We giggle.

"Well, that's my cue."

"Adios!" She says. Later in the run-through we get to kiss again, I try not to think about it. Now it's time for the real thing.

Winter's POV

I was really nervous. I did pretty good in the run-through, we only had to look back on a few things. Over the intercom I heard a voice directing us to get to places. Then I heard Leslie start the show and Lin gave me a reassuring hug. He look me straight in the eyes and nodded as he went on for his entrance. After his entrance it was time for me to make my Broadway debut.

"When he was 10 his father split, full of it, debt ridden"

People wondered why Pippa wasn't on, I could tell by their faces, but the crowd could tell I had never performed before so I did get a little bit of applause after my entrance.

"-2 years later see Alex and his mother, bed ridden, half-dead. Sittin' in their own sick, the scent; thick. And Alex got better but his mother went quick." I walked off the stage and Renee engulfed me into a bear hug as she silently congratulated me.

Helpless started playing and I was ready to kiss Lin. "Helpless," I sang as the song ended. Then it felt like time stopped. Why was I happy to kiss him? We quickly came closer and closer until we kissed. It left me a bit confused but I didn't think about it. I couldn't. We kissed 2 more times that show, once in Satisfied and another when Alex left for war.

I didn't mess up, and it felt really good. At bows, Lin shoved forward to take my own bow and the crowd erupted a little bit more. Jeez, I thought they couldn't get any more excited.

After the show, we all had fun backstage. Jon kept being a goof, and everybody continued to congratulate me. Lin proposed we all go to dinner, to celebrate my debut. We went to Red Lobster after changing, and then we all went back to the Rodgers, for some reason. Then I realized that reason was for alcohol.

Daveed and Oak were slurring as they rapped for everybody, Jazzy stay sober while Ant was very drunk. Thayne was raving about cookies, but he does that even when he isn't drunk.

I only had a little bit of tequila, so I wasn't drunk. I might be just a little tipsy, but ya know, I am aware of me surroundings and can control my actions. I tried to analyze everybody's drunk-selves:

Indescribable:

Daveed, Oak,

Honest:

Leslie, Thayne

Controlled:

Renee

Insane:

Lin, Anthony

And that's all I got to before a drunken Lin stumbled over towards me.

"Heyo!!!!" He yelled. This should be fun.

"Hey drunko," I replied and stroked his hair. This was probably one of my only opportunities to mess with it, he's protective of his mane and it's funny.

"I'm not that drunk!"

"Mhm. Whatever you say, Lin."

"How's it going?" He practically yelled.

"Pretty good."

"HEY EVERYONE! SHE SAID SHE'S PRETTY GOOD!" He said while pointing at my head and everyone, very drunk, cheered.

"Goush, you're so beautifullll." Lin said, holding out the 'l' and laughing when he finished. I didn't know whether he was the type of drunk that makes him say what's on his mind or just make him say stupid stuff, so I just stayed silent and helped him keep his balance.

"Hey, so you know how earlier, uhhh, we were in the musical Hamilton?" He hiccupped in the middle of his words.

"How could I forget," I say.

"Yeah. So you know how we kissed and everythanggg and we got married..." I nod in confusion and he continues, "those kisses were pretty fantastic." He smirked and I just laughed.

"Thank you, Lin-Man." I wanted to talk to drunken Lin more but he crashed his lips into mine, and I just let it happen. He lit up.

"HEY GUYS!" He got all of our drunken friends' attentions:

"WE JUST KISSED! AND IT WASN'T IN THE PLAY!" He says and I just laugh. He got lots of 'horas!' and 'noice'es and a 'what play?' before I walked him back to my apartment.

"We are you taking me?" He asked.

"I'm just helping you not die."

"Then by all means lead the way." Oh, drunk Lin was pretty funny.