Wrong door

"You can go on two conditions" My mother caves, finally allowing me to go to Will's party. "One, you stay out of trouble and I mean any kind of trouble" She warns sternly and I nod in agreement. "And two, you wear your own clothes" She says a smile creeping on her face.

I leap up from my seat and pounce at her. "Thank you. I love you" I tell them both, moving on to my father before bounding up the stairs to my room.

After going through all my old clothes, I settle on a black bandage dress covered in lace, with a lace neckline and sleeves. As soon as it settled against my skin I felt like myself again; but no outfit is complete without a pair of high heels. I rummage through my shoe box and pull out my favorite pair of black platform heels and slipped my feet into them adding inches to my five foot six height.

 I rummage through my shoe box and pull out my favorite pair of black platform heels and slipped my feet into them adding inches to my five foot six height

I stand at the door, double checking the house number. I was already half an hour late but what concerned me was the lack of atmosphere.  There was barely a peep from inside. I know Will's not exactly the wilest in school but I'd heard that his parties usually are.

The door swings open and Summer's face lights up at me. "Holy shit, you look hot" She exclaims, embracing me.

If this had of been even just weeks before I'd have felt over dressed but not now, this is how I dress. This is me.

   "Where is everyone?" I whisper to her.

    "You made it" Anthony interrupts as he approaches. His smile withering as he notices my outfit. "You look different" He sounds displeased.

I don't reply because honestly I'm not sure what to say. Most guys would be thrilled to see a girl dressed like this but not Anthony. I'm starting to think he'd prefer if I was covered from head to toe with no skin showing.

   "Wow Leah, looking smoking" Benji winks as we enter the large kitchen where a dozen or so people are gathered, already drinking.

   "I can understand now why you've been missing your clothes" Summer giggles and nudges me playfully. "

   "Here Leah, maybe you should wear my hoodie, your dress is a bit...." He scrunches his nose in a look of disgust.

   "She's not a nun, man" Flynn says unimpressed by Anthony. He stands in the doorway, leaning against the door frame. His eyes scanning me from head to toe

I feel myself blush so turn away. "I'm okay.."

   "Why are you always around to interfere?" Anthony interrupts me, scowling at Flynn. "Why don't you just go get some girl pregnant already"

   "Anthony" I exclaim, gobsmacked by his rude outburst.

   "We all know it's only a matter of time" Anthony smirks smugly and turns to high-five his friend, whose name I can never remember.

In the corner of my eye I catch Flynn's hand form a fist. He stands up from his leaning position and in one long stride I stand in front of him, blocking him from Anthony.

   "Don't" I whisper up to him. Flynn pulls his eyes from Anthony and looks coldly down at me. "No trouble, please" I beg, knowing he'll understand why.

Flynn turns and stalks away, disappearing into the slowly growing crowd.

...

I  quietly ascend the stairs in hope that the bathroom is empty, needing just a few minutes peace and quiet, mainly from Anthony.

Summer wasn't lying when she said the house was huge. I reached the top step to find six doors, all closed.

My five minutes of peace has turned into a game of find the bathroom.

I opened the first door and quickly close it, when I see a couple making out on the bed.

The second door is locked.

The third room is.. Flynn?

Almost instantly, I recognise his familiar physique stretched out on the bed watching TV.

   "Trouble?" He questions as I begin to close the door over.

   "Sorry, wrong door" I pause behind a half shut door and apologize.

   "What are you looking for?"

   "A bit of peace" I confess, peaking around the door at him.

   "You can take five here if ya want" He offers to my surprise and I step into the room, quietly closing the door behind me, not wanting to disturb his program.

I stand, gazing around the room. It's walls are painted grey and it's styled with black curtains, bedding and furniture. It's a bit dark but I really like it.

It's really suited to Flynn.

   "Wait, you live with Will?" I ask blatantly, as I stare cross the large room to where Flynn is laying on his double bed.

   "Unfortunately yes" Flynn admits and I can't help but laugh aloud. "What's so funny?" He frowns at me, pausing the TV.

   "Sorry but of all the people in school, I never would have thought you and Will would be related"

   "We're not" He rolls his eyes and huffs, "well not yet anyway"

I stop laughing and raise a quizzical eyebrow at him, becoming intrigued by how they're not yet  related.

   "You tell anyone and I tell everyone your secret"

   "I promise" I hold my hands up in the air. Well one hand, the other is holding my cup.

   "LEAH" I hear Anthony suddenly yell from the hallway. My eyes almost bulge from their sockets.

   "You hide, I'll get rid of him" Flynn instructs as if reading my mind.

He leaps from the bed and crossed the room, taking the cup from my hand as I struggle to quietly find a place to hide. It's hard sneaking with high heels on wooden flooring.

Flynn opens his bedroom door just as Anthony yells my name again. "LEAH! have you seen Leah?" He asks coldly to Flynn.

   "Yeah, I think she went home. Something about the party being lame" Flynn lies effortlessly. I clasp my hands over my mouth, holding in my laughter.

I can't hear what Anthony is saying but he doesn't sound impressed by my apparent actions or by Flynn's attitude.