Darkness

I stroll along the corridor, halting at the main doors. I stare out at the cold breeze blowing the trees and contemplating escaping to the cold or staying here and having to face Flynn.

    "Wanna go get drunk?" Natalie asks, She and Summer appearing each side of me.

I glance at each of them before giving a nod of my head.

Each link my arms and we strut careless out of the school, getting curious glares from fellow classmates who are looking out the windows, one of which is Flynn.

    "So you wanna tell us everything that's been going on with you and Flynn?" Summer asks as we saunter through the field toward Natalie's house.

I glance at her but there's no denying it, it's as obvious to her as the nose on your face.

    "What's been going on? How have I not noticed? When did you start dating? Is he good in bed? What went wrong?" Natalie speaks without taking a breath, which never fails to amaze me.

    "They haven't been dating.." Summer says confidently, "Right?" She asks questioning herself then.

I shake my head. "We haven't dated, we've just hung out"

    "You fell for him!" Natalie says sympathetically.

I slowly nod my head.

    "When? How?" She adds.

I shrug my shoulders, "Somewhere between us being arrested and him buying me a dress" I confess.

They both come to a sudden halt, I slip out from their linked ares and turn to see them stare at me with wide eyes.

    "Yas got arrested?" Natalie gasps.

    "He bought you a dress!?" Summer exclaims.

I nod my head and look at Natalie. "In around the time I was dating Anthony. Flynn and I went bowling. Long story short I punched a girl I used to know and Flynn punch her fella. It was epic, except for the Gardai who were there to witness it and arrest us"

I glance at Summer, who's also stunned by my story; they were details I'd left out when I told.

    "As for the dress.." I smile at the memory, "Linda insisted I get one for the wedding and well Flynn picked it and paid for it"

    "Are we still talking about the same Flynn?" Natalie giggles and links my arm again. "because it certainly doesn't sound like the same Flynn Murray we know"

    "That's just it; I don't know. it's like when it's just us, he's a totally different guy. We still torment each other but we have fun and I feel like I can trust him. He even promised he wouldn't let me go to jail" I smile timidly at the memory. "but then he turns back into the Flynn Murray yas all know and I feel like it's just my stupid emotions that are making me think he cares about me. I'm sure he treats every girl like this" I look to Summer who's really quiet.

She shakes her head and looks at me. "Nobody really knows Flynn, but we've never heard of him treating anyone this way"

    "Please don't tell me that; at this stage, it's easier for me to hate him if I think he treats everyone the same"

My phone vibrates in my pocket and although I know it's him. I still take it out to check.

Flynn: Wer yas goin? Need to tlk to u.

    "I think you should talk to him" Summer says, glancing at my phone in my hand.

I shake my head. three whole classes I waited for his reply and now I only get one because I walked out of school.