Sirens

"Leah" I vaguely hear my name being called over the music and turn to see Flynn making his way towards me.

Zack sighs and throws his head back. "Are you fucking serious?" He growls at Flynn and we turn away to continue dancing.

   "You have to come with me now" Flynn instructs, a hint of panic in his voice which concerns me but I don't even know where he wants me to go or why;  But I do know that if I go I may as well be taking a step back emotionally.

   "No" I shake my head, turning to face him directly. His pupils are dilated. He looks...worried.

    "Please just come with me" He says in a soft persuasive tone and I pause. My gaze locked with his.

    "She fine where she is Flynn, so piss off and leave us alone" Zack interjects.

Unable to pull my gaze from Flynn, I simply shake my head.

I can't do it!

He glances at the front door and sighs, running his hands through his hair in frustration.

    "Fine, we'll do it the hard way" He decides and grabs my wrist, pulling me from Zack's grasp.

    "Let her g..." Zack begins but Flynn unexpectedly swings his free hand, punching Zack in the face, causing him to stumble backwards.

I'm not even able to react, when Flynn bends, lifting me from the ground.

    "What the hell Flynn" I squeal, "Put me down"

People stand aside and just watch as Flynn carries me over his shoulder in a fireman lift, through the house to the front garden.

He stops at his bike, puts me down and shoves the spare helmet at me. He hurriedly pulls on his own, steps onto the bike and fires it up.

    "I don't know what this is about but I'm not going with you"

    "Please just get on" Flynn says seriously. His eyes look pleadingly at me.

In my peripheral vision, blue lights catch my attention and I inhale as a Garda car appears around the corner, the sirens suddenly blasting.

    "Come on" Flynn yells and tugs at my arm, springing me into action. I shove the helmet on and climb onto the bike, clinging tightly to Flynn as we speed off.

..

We're a safe distance away before Flynn pulls the bike over. I instantly hop off, ripping the helmet from my head and vomit into the nearest bush.

Nothing worse than being on a motorbike when your drunk, there's too much swerving and swaying.

    "You okay?" Flynn asks timidly.

I stand and compose myself before turning to face him. "You knew they were coming" I accuse and he simply nods. "How?" I frown at him, a hundred questions running through my head.

Flynn swings his leg across the bike and leans against it, fidgeting with the buckle on his new helmet. The matt black helmet I chose for Linda to buy him for Christmas.

   "I left. Passed them along the way. Got a sudden feeling that they were heading for Matty's party so I turned around"

    "You came back for me?" I glare curiously at him and he just nods his head in reply. "But why?"

He shrugs his shoulders. A mischievous glint appearing in his steel eyes. "If you got arrested, who would I torment?" He gives me a dimpled smirk and I shake my head, giggling at him. "Now come on, I'll take you home"