To fall...

I sat on the wall gleefully waiting for Summer, who'd stayed in her 'boyfriend' Benji's last night.

I haven't seen her since Matty's party and the only time I heard from her was to let me know that she got away from the party okay.

   "Aww don't you two lovebirds look so cute" I coo at the pair strolling towards me hand in hand.

   "And how was your weekend?" Benji smirks as if knowing something more than he should; but then again it wouldn't surprise me if Flynn told him.

   "It was good, but then again any weekend I don't get arrested is a good weekend"

   "I'm sure it is" He chuckles lightly, leaning against the wall and pulling Summer into his embrace.

They really are a cute couple.

   "Ah my dear friend Leah" Natalie joins us and puts her arm around my neck, "Rumor has it you ran away with Flynn the other night and stayed in his again"

Everyone gathered around looks at me, intrigued when thankfully I'm saved by the first bell.

   "You shouldn't believe every rumor you hear" I smirk and haul my bag onto my shoulder.

As I strolled into the school, I can't help but notice that Flynn still hasn't arrived. Not that he had perfect attendance but usually by now his bike was roaring through the school gates and blocking my path.

Leah: Yo wake ur lazy ass up, ur gonna be late.

I kept my phone close by for the first three classes but still no reply from Flynn. I was beginning to worry, when I emerged from English class to see him standing in the hallway talking to two girls, who were practically throwing themselves at him.

As if sensing me watching, Flynn looks up and smirks at me.

What an asshole!

I lower at him before quickly turning and stalk away in the opposite direction.

    "Leah" Flynn catches up with me, falling into my hurried pace. "What's up?"

    "Go away Flynn" I say sternly.

   "Uh oh, I'm in trouble" He chuckles and I glare at him. If looks could kill, he'd be six foot under. His smirk quickly vanishes. "What's wrong Trouble? Ya fall out of the wrong side of the bed?" He tries to tease.

I stop and stare up at him.

Was he actually acting like this again?

I look into his eyes but they're distracted by something behind me. Following his gaze, I turn to see his distraction; Nikki.

Of course.

I exhale loudly, trying to get rid of the heavy feeling in my chest.

   "What did I do this time" He begins, returning his eyes to me "Are you.." He stops obviously noticing the glassy look in my eyes. "Seriously, What's wrong?" His expression softening.

I shake my head. "I can't do this anymore"

His eyes furrow at me. "Do what?"

    "This. Us.." I shake my head, struggling to hold back my tears. "..I... I can't hang out with you and then come into school and pretend none of it happened" I tilt my head back will the tears away.

    "Leah..." Flynn begins softly, stepping towards me.

    "Don't" I hold my hand up to stop him. "This is all on me. I should have known better than to fall..." I stop myself from finishing that sentence. A tear escapes my eye and rolls down my cheek. "I'm sorry" I croak and turn away, leaving Flynn stood there, probably confused as hell.

I rush to the nearest bathroom, close the toilet lid and sit in the locked cubicle. My heart racing in my chest and tears bursting from my eyes.

How could I be so stupid to think that Flynn Murray would think differently of me. He probably treats every girl this way, but stupid me was just dumb enough to think it meant more.

I emerge from the cubicle a few minutes later.

Three girls from the year below are stood admiring themselves in the tiny mirrors and applying more make up, not that they should, they're practically orange from the amount of foundation on their faces.

   "Oh. My. God. Aren't you the girl Flynn Murray carried out of the party the other night?" One gasps dramatically, slapping her freshly glossed lips together.

   "She is!" Another confirms.

Maybe they were there too, not that I'd have noticed.

   "Is it true he rescued you from being arrested?"

I nod slowly, confirming their rumor.

   "Why would he do that?" The dramatic one asks.

I shrug my shoulders.

   "Are you a couple?"

I shake my head.

   "Flynn never does things like that though" the other states and I remain quiet.

What could I say? After all it was hearing things like that, that made me think he actually cared about me.

   "I heard he's dating Nikki again" The third girl, whos's still fixing her make up adds informatively to her friends as if I wasn't there or couldn't hear.

   "I heard that too" the other confirms "Apparently they used to date, like ages ago" 

Well that's news to me. I didn't think Flynn was capable of a relationship, then again maybe that's why they broke up.

   "I heard from Nikki's best friend that they hooked up at Alex's party and she stayed the night with him"

I roll my eyes, knowing that one isn't true since it was me who stayed that night.

   "Apparently, she was his date to Matty's party" They girls chat among themselves.

I glance at my puffy red eyes in the mirror and wipe the makeup streaks from my face.

   "I heard Nikki told him not to hook up with anyone, to prove his loyalty before getting back with her"

I snicker at this and the three turn to look at me.

   "Why did he rescue you from being arrested and not Nikki?"

   "Nikki got arrested?" the dramatic one gasps at this bit of information.

The quiet girl nods and turns to fill them in on this information. I take this opportunity to sneak out and escape their Spanish inquisition.

I