I threw it

I woke early this morning to go for a jog before school. It'd been so long since I'd done it, I almost forgot how much I enjoyed it.

Aaron and I used to do it nearly every day before school. It was a great way to clear my mind which is something I could really do with.

Freshly showered and feeling chirpier, especially after getting so much off my chest to Aaron last night; I set off to school before everyone else.

I sat on the wall, my legs swinging, hitting my heels against the bricks as I waited for the girls.

   "Well good morning" Natalie chimes, grinning broadly;  Closely followed by Melissa, Nicole, Carl, Robbie, Summer and Benji.

They all glance at my legs, immediately noticing that I'm wearing the skirt, even though it's the freezing out.

Beauty knows no pain.

   "How do you know that beaut on the motorbike?" Melissa asks bluntly.

I was going to answer honestly when Flynn appeared, reminding me of my stone heart.

   "Oh Aaron, we go way back"

   "Is he your boyfriend?" Nicole asks.

I jump of the wall as gracefully as I can in a thigh length skirt and heeled ankle boots.  I snigger at her question and shake my head. "I never did commitments!" I smirk, hauling my bag onto my shoulder.

   "I know there has to be a reason behind the old attitude and I hope you're going to tell me when we're alone" Summer whispers, linking her arm through mine.

   "I'll tell ya everything later" I smile. I should have known she'd see through me.

   "Seriously, How can you walk in those heels?" Natalie asks linking my other arm.

   "I could run a marathon in heels" I glance down at my feet. "Especially these. You've no idea how much trouble I've gotten away from in these"

   "She's got history with her shoes" Natalie chuckles to Summer.

   "No joke, you should see her wardrobe. It's bursting with high heels and black clothes"

   "I'm so raiding your wardrobe for Alex's party this weekend" Natalie asserts, not giving me a choice to refuse.

...

   "Okay class, stay in your seats, I'll be right back" Mrs Foley, our Art teacher says before exiting the classroom.

   "Hey gorgeous" Zack appears, leaning against my desk coolly. Although he did nearly put his elbow in the paint tray. "I'm loving the new style"

   "Thanks" I grin up at him "But it's not new, just part of my dark side" I bit the corner of my lower lip and wink flirtatiously at him, making him squirm.

   "I love a girl with a dark side" He smirks.

I hear whispers and turn to see Flynn and Benji glancing across and laughing. "Got something to say?" I glare daringly at Flynn.

   "Yeah" Flynn holds my stare and I feel my heart flutter "Zack couldn't handle a girl with a dark past. He's too much of a wimp"

   "Eavesdropping? Are ya seriously that desperate to hear what flirting sounds like?"

   "Oh baby, I know what flirting is like. It's all I hear when a girl opens her mouth" His mouth twitches into a cocky smirk, that damn dimple appearing.

And all that's running through my head is the way he called me 'baby', I know he probably calls every girl that but it caught me off guard.

   "Pity all we hear when you open yours is bullshit" I smirk back and his smirk fades.