F I V E

October 23, 2015 - Los Angeles, CA

Some moments in our life's hit us to a point of alteration. These moments define us, they change us. They change the way we think, the way we feel, the way we look at things...and the way we look at people. The cut like knives that have just been sharpened. They boil inside you like a kettle of tea. The imbed into your mind like the ending of a sad movie. They change you for the better or even the worst. They're that moment that you look back and pinpoint where it all started. Where it all changed.

This was mine.

I saw her. He olive colored skin, so smooth and perfect. He perfectly contoured makeup. Her messy hair that was perfection even without trying. He was here with another woman. A woman that was not me.

We locked eyes. I knew he could sense my disbelief. Was this really happening? Was I watching the love of my life locking lips with someone else?

After he saw me he immediately pulled away. The shock set in on his face as he saw me. Did he really not expect me to be here? To be at my BEST FRIEND'S sophomore album release? Or was he just not thinking of the possibility of seeing me...see him....with her?

He grabbed her hand and walked our way. None of us had said a word since his surprise had been reveled. As he stepped forward I could hear the nervousness in his voice.

"Ugh hi Kaydence..." he trailed off.

Kaydence. He never calls me Kaydence. It's ALWAYS Kay, KayD, or some sweet relationship type name - but never Kaydence.

I was hurt, it felt like I had just lost my childhood puppy...but worse...ten times worse. He was the only guy I ever loved. EVER. I had never even had those cute little middle school loves. It was ALWAYS Luke. It had always been. Like I said, I was hurt...but more so than the hurt that filled me was fire. I was LIVID. He lied to me.

"Luke" I simply said looking him up and down with my stereotypical resting bitch face.

He looked at me like he knew exactly what I was feeling. Like he felt ashamed almost...but at the same time like he did not even care anymore. "This is---" before he could even finish he reached out her hand and with a smirk on her face said "I'm Arzaylea...Luke's girlfriend".

Girlfriend? GIRLFRIEND? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? She was his GIRLFRIEND? Not only was he playing tongue hockey with the slutty looking gold digger but he was dating her too? I was done.

So fucking done.

With that, I turned on my heels and walked out. I didn't even bother making another statement to either of them.

"Kaydence, wait!"

Calum was following me shouting for my return. I didn't even bothering stopping. I immediately ran into an empty closet and immediately fell to my knees.

I was broken.

********************************************
Hi! Hope you enjoyed! I plan on updating again soon! Remember! I am not trying to portray anything on anyone. This is a work of pure FICTION. Please do not take anything personally. Much love to you all! Xx