S I X T E E N

Friday, April 8, 2011 12:14 PM - Sydney, Australia

Kaydence's POV

I was nervously sitting in my math class. It was almost time for lunch and I would have to face social awkwardness - something I was not fond of.

RIIIINNNNGGG

The lunch bell has rang and I was now headed to lunch.

I wasn't very hungry, nerves I suppose, so I just looked around the cafeteria looking for someone to sit with. Everyone seemed to have their own friend groups so I decided to go out to the court yard and sit at a picnic table. I would have to sit alone, but at least I would be outside in the fresh Australian air.

I walked outside and before I could even finish walking down the steps, I hear someone shouting my name...well probably not my name....I knew no one.

As I walked toward a empty table I hear the voice getting louder and before I know it I feel a tap on my shoulder.

The same tap I felt earlier.

"Oh hey, Calum, right?" I say.

"Bingo...when's you appointment he ask?"

I stand their confused. "Uhm, I'm not sure I know what you mean" I say lost.

"You know, for your ear appointment, because you must be deaf, I've been yelling your name for ages"

I roll my eyes. Cute.

"Nice one" I say sarcastically. "I heard, but I imagined it was probably someone else with the same name."

"Nah babe, just you" he winked.

I immediately started blushing. Was he flirting with me?

Before I could think of a response, he immediately started talking again. If you want, you can come sit with me and a friend of mine he says gesturing over to a table with a blonde boy sitting at it.

"Yeah, sure! I'd like that" I say grinning.

I followed him over to the table to meet his friend.

"This is Kaydence, the girl I was telling you about" Calum says.

"I'm Michael" he says reaching his hand out for me to shake. I do so and we began talking.

"So why'd you move to Sydney?" Michael ask.

"My dad switched jobs. Our house is closer to Hornsby, but my parents both work near here so they decided this would be a good school choice".

We continue out talking to one another, getting to know each other when I notice a boy sitting alone.

"Who's he?" I say pointing to the boy.

The both turn around and look.

"Oh, you mean Luke?" Calum says

"I guess so. Why is he all alone?" I say. I knew how much it sucked to sit alone.

"He's some weird kid who post singing videos on YouTube" Michael mocks.

"And what's wrong with that? Singing is fun" I say.

Why was Michael being so hostile towards this Luke kid?

"I mean, do you guys not like singing?"

There wasn't much of a response. I decided to go talk to this boy. I'm sure he could use a friend.

"I'll talk to you guys later" I say as I walk towards the boy. He was sitting under a tree writing something in a notebook.

I sit down next to him.  He turns his head and looks at me funny.

"Ugh can I help you?" He says looking at me.

"I'm Kaydence" I say smiling. I reach my hand out offering for him to shake it.

"Ugh Luke" he says shyly. Slowly gripping my hand.

"Why are you sitting alone?" I ask.

"I ugh, don't have many friends I guess"

"Well I'll be you friend" I say smiling

It was in that moment that I noticed his beautiful blue eyes. They were so blue and so crystals like that I felt as though I would get lost in them.

"Uhm why?" He says looking at me confused.

Was he not use to having people want to be his friend?

"Can I not just want to be your friend?" I laugh

"I mean I guess you can" he says

"I heard you like to sing, so do I" I state

"Really? What kind of music do you like?" He ask, this topic clearly sparking his attention

"I'm kind of into bands like blink-182, good charlotte,  panic! At the disco, and fall out boy....but I like singing more girl pop stuff I guess...but with more of an edgy punkish feel"

"Wait...you're a girl....and you like those bands...and you're real....and you're actually talking to me?" He says again, as if he were turning to convince himself this wasn't a dream.

"Yes" I laugh. "If you want, maybe we should hangout and sing together sometime" I offer.

"I would like that" he says smiling.

RIIIIINNNGGG

It was the bell singling lunch was over.

"Hey, mind if I get your number? So ya know we could plan something" he ask

"Of course" I smile tearing a piece of paper out of my binder and writing my number down.

"I look forward to hearing from you, Luke" I say as I walk to my next class.

***********************************************
Hiiiiii!! So now you're kind of seeing how they all met...Ashton will come later. I really hope you're enjoying this story and I really hope the flashbacks don't confuse you to much.

As always, remember to comment and vote.

Much love xx