Chapter 28.

Leyla

Ever since Jaya was born the dreams have got worse again. I saw him, the other day when Rahul and I looked round our chosen wedding venue for the last time. He was there in reality with his hooded eyes and trampy scarf wrapped around his neck watching me. Now in my dreams he just watches me and follows me and creeps me out until I can't stand it anymore! But now, right now, he's caressing my scar and for some reason flashes of memories keep entering my brain. Images of my mother and father laughing holding my hands, of them pushing me away telling me to run and hide like it's a game. If they are telling me to run why am I standing there like an idiot just watching as some guy with hooded eyes hits my mother? Why am I turning away and feeling a searing pain on my shoulder blade? Why am I running?

I wake up in a cold sweat. I blink my eyes trying to remove any trace of that nightmare from my head. Am I getting cold feet? Am I getting cold feet two days before my wedding?
"Are you okay?" Rahul's voice makes the images vanish. I turn and look at him in the darkness seeing the outline of his head. I throw my arms around his neck as his arms encircle my waist.
"You won't ever leave me will you?" I ask like an idiot nuzzling my head into Rahul's neck, breathing in his familiar smell and wishing we could just stay like this forever... No creepy guy following me.

"Hey," Rahul kisses my uncovered shoulder where my top has slipped, "I'm not going anywhere." I breathe a sigh of relief into his neck and pull him closer to me. I feel safe in his arms like nothing can harm me.
"I want to spend the rest of my life with you," I whisper and I feel Rahul smile against my shoulder.
"And I want to spend the rest of my life with you," he replies kissing my neck. I can feel Rahul's fingers playing with the hem of my top and I relax slightly leaning back. As my eyes adjust I can make out some of Rahul's features, his nose, his lips, and I move my hands up to hold his face in my hands. Right now I just want to tell Rahul how much 'I love him' but for some reason whenever I feel like the words are on my lips I can never push then out they just sit there. 
"I really like you," I smile awkwardly, Rahul and I have a mutual understanding that I'll tell him 'I love him' when the time is right. 
"And I really like you," Rahul closes the gap between us and places his lips on mine. I close my eyes and for a moment I feel as though I'm floating on air. Rahul pushes back onto the bed and I lace my arms around his neck. Rahul places his cold hands on the square of my back giving me a tingling sensation. I can tell which direction this is going in but I can't help thinking back to what happened last time... I got pregnant.
"Rahul," I push him gently off me. I don't think I could deal with getting pregnant again right now.
"Mmm," he mumbles trying to kiss me again.
"Rahul," I laugh quietly as he sits up, one hand still on my back the other now resting on my stomach. I know he knows what I'm thinking but the moment is well and truly spoilt by the familiar sound of Jaya waking up from the gurgles and hiccups before she's in full on screaming mode.
"It's your turn," I say to Rahul who shakes his head smiling as he crawls off the bed. I listen as he tries to soothe Jaya whispering and singing silly tunes. I feel my eyes beginning to droop and fall asleep before Rahul manages to make it back into the room.

********************

 "Stop bringing it so close to my face," I laugh trying to bat Rahul away as he holds the video camera in my face. Rahul is like old-school with all of his technology and says he wants videos to look back on when we're old.
"So Leyla what are you doing right now?" He asks trying to be an interviewer.
"I'm doing last minute wedding preparation which you're supposed to be helping me with," I laugh writing names on a post-it note and sticking it to the huge board in the middle of the table. Jaya starts giggling next to me.
"Don't encourage daddy," I say kissing her podgy cheek making her shriek with laughter.
"Excuse me," Rahul says putting the camera on the table and lacing his arms around my waist bending down so his chin rests on my shoulder, "where's my kiss?" I turn my head and quickly peck him on the cheek.

"Satisfied?" I ask.
"Mmm guess so," Rahul kisses my cheek before pulling up a post-it note and scrunching it up.
"Rahul?" I say.
"Not coming," Rahul laughs kissing my cheek again.

"Ergh you're so annoying," I laugh removing his arms from around my waist and getting off the chair. I pick up Jaya from her carrier cot, supporting her head as she begins to coo.
"I can't believe we'll be married tomorrow," I say turning to Rahul who has a massive grin on his face.
"Neither can I," he smiles. Right now even 'hood-eye' can't touch me because things are going to be perfect, not just tomorrow but for the rest of our lives!