Ch. 24

Harry's POV

Today was the day, Alfie was on the stand today, he was going to get asked about everything, I'm so nervous, he is going to try to blame everything on me, I know he is. But then again, will the jury believe him. That is the thing that is scaring me the most, what if they do believe him. what happens then?

"The judge calls on Alfie Deyes" the Judge says and I get snapped out off my thoughts. I can feel Simon grabbing my hand. I just squeeze it back. 

"you are going to be fine, they are not going to believe him" Simon whispers to me

"I'm just so nervous" I whisper back

"I know you are, I'm here for you OK"

"thanks Si" I whisper as I look back over to Alfie who has taken his seat at the front off the courtroom. 

"So in your words what happened the night that you broke up"

"So, I was down in the kitchen, and I did not find anything that I really wanted to cook so I was just going to order in, I called on Harry who was upstairs and asked him to come and chose what he wanted as I was on the phone with Nandos, but he said that he was busy, and that I had to come to him, which I did, I told Nandos that  I would call in a bit, obviously I never did."

"what happened then?"

"I went upstairs to talk to him, but he broke up with me before I could say anything."

"and what happened then?"

"We started arguing, he said he was done and walked to the stairs, I was trying to plead with him to just talk it out, but he turned around to yell at me some more and I guess he lost his footing as the next thing I know he was at the bottom off our stair case."

"why was an ambulance not called?"

"Well he woke up a couple off seconds later, and I offered to call one, but he said that he was fine, then I helped him back upstairs, and as the night went on his arm started to hurt more and more, so he asked me to take him to the A&E, but I'm not a very good driver at night so he called his friend Simon to take him. I went to see him in the morning at the hospital."

"that is such bullshit" I whisper to Simon

"I'm up next, they have the call you made to me on tape, they are not going to believe this. Don't worry." Simon whispers back. 

"what happened the next morning?"

"I went to see him, but the drugs they gave him where making him a bit paranoid so he was confused and in pain, I was going to take his hand to calm him down, but I accidentally hit the broken spot, so I got kicked out off there."

"You know you need a lot off force to dislocate broken bones who have been set in a bandage, so you would have needed to push down on there very hard to make it worse than it already was"

"I did not think I pushed that hard"

"now do you want to talk about the brake in, what happened there?"

"I was just going to talk to him, so yeah I broke in, but then I found him in bed with one off his best friends, I have been suspecting that they have been having an affair for a long time, and then I just walk in on him in a sense cheating on me, so I snapped and I regret that very much"

"when did you get the knife?"

"I went downstairs to get one before I was going to wake Harry up, but he woke up himself, then I was trying to get him to come downstairs to talk to me so we could work things out, but then I was getting taken down by JJ and Simon and I was just trying to get free, I honestly forgot I was holding a knife, and I accidentally hit Simon"

I had to hold in the cry's, I could not stop the tears from running, Simon just hugged me tight as we sat in the courtroom. 

"you are OK" Simon whispers to me over and over again.