Chapter 8

After that night, Timothy stayed distance from me.. Is he really mad? I try not to care but every time I saw him around the school and he just totally ignored me,I was getting damn hurt...but this is what I want...i pushed him away..so I must suffer this pain.

Days passed...the Sports Feast has finally come..the school was busy preparing all the events venue..the clubs was busy making booth and some students perform their respective task...we are welcoming our guest school,The Woodstock Academy..3 buses park outside our school composed of baseball varsities,cheerleaders and faculty members from Woodstock Academy..we also opened our school gate to welcome outsider and let them watch the competition..

The first competition was cheer leading..so we already prepared...after the opening rituals and announcement the emcee called us as a first performer..we perform with so many stunts and dances...we are smiling while perform..and our best stunts in the finale was.. all the girls will form pyramids with four layers then I do the series of back tumbling stunts and landed on the top layer of the pyramid holding a banner of the name of our school..supporters are shouting and clapping their hands...and also Woodstock cheerleaders do their best stunts and dance steps too.. but the girl member was badly hurt when fell on the ground after the stunt..well for me,
cheer leading is too risky..it needs extra careful..

Second competition was a baseball tournament...
...everybody was on a baseball field..I saw "The Blazing Wolves" preparing themselves on their benches..I saw Timothy tying his shoes..he seems so serious and I wanna wish him good luck..so I decided to walk towards him but I stop my walk when I saw Quincy runs to him and kiss him..so I was heading back my way but someone holds my wrist..it was Tim..he stared at me intently and I stared him back..
"You wanna tell me something?" He asked me eagerly..I blinks twice before I answer.."ahh.. good luck"..I feel like my world stops and my heart was pounding so loud..he was smiling at me handsomely and makes my heart melt.."After winning this game..I will win your heart next.."and he winks at me..he left me again speechless and dumbfounded...
oh knows..my heart..I saw Quincy glared at me but I just ignore her..I take my sits beside my girls and watch the game..

Game started and its our school's home base first..Timothy is the first in line to hit the ball with his baseball bat..he hits the ball and no one catch it so he runs faster to all the bases and get 1point...I smiled secretly. He is really a good player..but when his teammate turn to bat in,the opponent was able to catch the ball and hit him before he runs to base..so its Woodstock players turn..the first in the line was the star player of their school, he is Shaun..a very lean tall guy and have strong appeal..I was confused,when he look at me before he bat in..no one able to catch the ball so he runs to all the bases and get 1point..he is a good player too..so it was a tie score..I wonder why Shaun's stares at me a while ago gives shivers on me as if he can read my mind..

The second player bat in now, he hit the ball until outfield but Timothy catch it..he is a outfielder..then he shouted "I got it!!" Then he runs fastly and hit the target.. its out! Its Timothy's team turn now..Max is in the first base ready to bat in..he hit the ball..and no one catch it..so he runs to 2nd base.. its Claud's turn to hit the ball,he hit it and run to the 2nd base while Max runs to 3rd base...last player to bat in was Timothy again...everyone was holding their breaths.. when Tim hit the ball and no one catch it,the team will win...so..Shaun throw the ball to Timothy then he hits it very hard and the ball went outfield..no one catch it... so Max runs to the bases left and get one point,next was Claud then he got another point..but surprisingly Shaun holding the ball and ready to target Tim who was running now..but luckily Tim was good in avoiding the target.. he reach the home base by falling himself into the ground..they won!

Everyone was cheering our team...all of the boys carries Tim while he's holding a trophy.. I saw Quincy walks towards Tim and congratulate him...I want to go too but the other side of my brain says just keep it there inside me.. My girls already left, they just told me to get their things at the locker..so I decided to followed them..

Later in the afternoon, the emcee announces about the winner of cheer leading contest..and we still keep that position again..We won!! Overall champion was our school..Woodstock is also accepting their defeat..and was decided to stay for a night with us to celebrate a victory party and awarding ceremony to be held tonight at the campus oval...

I wear a black pants and a white tube top with a black leather jacket and a white sneakers..Ready to go to school to party..8 of us went together..and as usual..
students full attention is with us when we walk at the entrance gate..of course I'm with this good looking girls and boys.. we choose a vacant long table with 8 chairs located at the end far from the stage.. I saw Tim with his teammates at a table in front of the stage..I saw Quincy and Dianna together with our cheering squad members..they also in a one long table beside the baseball varsities table..Ellis,Hillary,Imogene and I decided not to sit with the cheering squad members, yet there's no more vacant seats there....

Awarding night started..Quincy is the one who walk up to the stage and get our award..well, she is a queen bee..and for the Baseball Team,it was Tim and he is wearing his jersey shirt and black pants then a ballcap..I saw how happy and proud he was..the emcee give him a chance to talk and thanking everybody.."Good evening Yorkshire Academy...!" ..on his graceful voice and enthusiasm..
everybody was smiling while listening to him.."I was proudly say that because of the efforts of everybody we have ended this event successfully..congrats to all of us..to my team,the Blazing Wolves..guys, in spite the hard works and tiring practices we had..it has paid off..i know that deep within our hearts were not just teammates but we are also brothers who fight together in the field..thank you guys..we deserves it..to Woodstock friends..I really really proud of your sportsmanship..i tell you, Shaun is such a pro..your a good player dude with your teammates..your one of those best opponents we had..thank you for challenging us.. and also to the girl who inspires me to win this game,be ready now..because like I said to you,after the game..I will win your heart next but I wont play your heart like playing baseball..".He was smiling on his speech..and eye to eye contact to the audience.. and his last words captures my heart..that was for me..People was entertain on his speech and girls was giggled on their seats..but I saw Quincy's bitter face because everybody knows already that they broke up.. and so...the victory party started with the party music had played that makes everyone hype..