In The Depth Of The Forest

Please read the note at the end of the chapter :3

A cool light breeze passed by, rustling the fresh green leaves on the high mighty trees decorating the vast land. The breeze floated around lazily tugging back shirayuki's apple-red bangs along with it.

Shirayuki  smiled up at the azure endless sky. Listening to the calming sound of the rustling leaves. She closed her eyes and inhaled the fresh air slowly and deeply allowing it to fill her lugs and refresh her soul. Her smile grew wider, welcoming the warm fuzzy sunlight that tickled her soft skin. Stretching her arms above her head, shirayuki let out the breath she was holding with a content sigh.

The beautiful red haired lady was standing outside of the small inn they had taken shelter in, the night before.

"Good morning" a cheerful male voice greeted from behind her. Shirayuki's emerald eyes flew open at the sudden call.

"Zen!" she gasped. Spinning around to face him, she was greeted  with a smile that refreshed her entire being. "Good morning to you too" she greeted back.

"Did I surprise you?" zen asked. He took one step forward as to stand by her side.

"Just a little bit" she smiled " Since it's really rare for you to wake up at such an early hour."

Zen grinned at her "Well what do you know ? I was graced by obi's presence this morning. He so kindly decided to wake me up so that we can watch the sun rise together" zen placed his hand on his chest and patted his lashes like he had seen many ladies at the court do when speaking to him.

"Lucky you!" shirayuki exclaimed. The sound of her sweet giggles filled the place .

The sight of her bright happy smile and the sound of her melodic giggles warmed zen's heart greatly and refreshed his soul, and soon he found himself laughing as well.

"Zen where have you been ? I was looking everywhere for y-oh your here too shirayuki!" mitsuhide's frown turned to a smile as he walked out of the inn and spotted the two figures.

"Good morning mitsuhide-san!" shirayuki greeted happily after composing herself.

"Good morning" he smiled back.

"Now that I have found you, lets go. Breakfast is served and everyone is waiting for you two." mitsuhide said, holding the door open for them to get in. Smiling both young adults nodded and reentered the inn through the door, making their way to the inn's big dinning room . 

Entering the spacious cozy room, shirayuki's stomach grumbled as the sweet aroma of freshly squeezed orange juice mixed with the one coming from the pans where bacon was sizzling , and  eggs were being fried and entered her nose . 

"Ah, master, mistress good morning!" Obi grinned upon seeing his friends. 

"Good morning obi" shirayuki greeted back happily. Looking around the large oak table shirayuki's smile turned to a frown. 

"Mitsuhide-san have you seen aunt?" she asked her friend who has already took his place on the table next to kiki.

"Yes, her majesty said that she has some important  matters to handle at the moment and she won't be joining us" mitsuhide answered.

"Is that so.." shirayuki's frown deepened and she was really disappointed but she quickly fought it off and forced a smile.

"Shirayuki..?" zen asked worriedly, noting her sudden change.

Looking up at his enchanting blue eyes all her worries seemed to disappear "I am alright" she reassured him, a small bright smile forming on her lips.