A Red Haired Dame

A/N: I'm pretty sure you don't want to waste your time reading my written apologies for being LATE on updating again. But whatever, I'm sorry, I really am. 

Please enjoy this not-very-long chapter and leave me with your opinion ;)

_____________________________________________________

Shirayuki gritted her teeth as another sharp stone lodged into her palms. 

Right as she was about to leave the cave, Leon pointed out a secret tunnel connected to the palace's royal chambers, constructed by the late king in case an emergency should arise. Shirayuki supposed having to deal with a crazy man who was about to  murder the entire royal family of Yukitopia and the prince of Clarins and start a war counted as an emergency.

The said secret tunnel, which Shirayuki was crawling through at the moment, was narrow at best; her hips kept scratching against the rough walls, painfully, and it was completely dark. Had it not been for the lantern Lena was holding before her, Shirayuki was sure she wouldn't have been able to see her own nose. 

Forever passed in minutes and when they finally stopped before an old rusty ledge, Shirayuki's hands were full out bleeding.

They pushed their way out into the queen's room. Shirayuki barely had anytime to change into something more befitting for battle - not that her dress wasn't perfectly suited to kicking people in the face or anything - before they were out again, sneaking their way through the completely abandoned hallways of the palace.

"Stop," Lena said. "The fight has already begun, all around the palace, the forest, and possibly the town's square, our knights are clashing with the enemy," She sent a pointed look Shirayuki's way before continuing. "I will be busy guiding my knights and fighting my fair share, the same goes for counselor Leon. How do you plan on handling yourself?"

"I plan on handling myself pretty well, thank you very much," Shirayuki straightened, hands at her hips, one brow raised in challenge, she said, "My best friend is one of the best swordsmen in the history of Clarins. He has been teaching me swordsmanship for four years now. I would not underestimate me if I were you."

It took an entire year and going down on both knees to plead and beg and beg and beg  AND beg for Obi to finally approve to train her. Her friends at Wilant castle supported her and some knights even agreed to spare with her in their free time. Shirayuki was never more thankful to anyone than she did at the moment.

Lena's own eyebrows rose in a I-might-have-believed-you-but-I-really-don't look, but she didn't comment. Grabbing a double edged sword from one of the armored statues standing attention at each side of the hall, she threw it at Shirayuki and sprinted off.

Shirayuki attached the sword to the scabbard on her hips, hurrying after the blonde.

With every step another scream joined the mix drumming her ears out, with every turn to the right, another pair of swords clashed together, with every turn to the left another cry of help paralyzed her and she would think; Zen!

They halted before the large double doors, leading to the courtyard. The three of them shared a glance before nodding and pushing the doors open.

Instantly, a speck of light zoomed past Shirayuki, slashing the skin under her left eye.

"Archers," Leon cursed.

Lena took the lead, deflecting the arrows with her sword, with such accuracy that spoke of years of hard training.

"Shirayuki! Head straight to the main gates, Prince Zen should be there by now," Lena said, not waiting for a reply, she took off.

Shirayuki glanced back at Leon, only to find him long gone. She was alone. She swallowed her fears down and unsheathed her sword. And just in time too; because the next thing she knew, a mass of black was thrown her way.