Chapter one

Jace was currently in his room with his hookup Michelle. He didnt believe in relationships mainly because he was afraid he'd end up like his deadbeat of a father. He never knew who his father was and he didnt care to know.

All he had was his mom and she was his everything. She was his mom and his dad at the same time. She was his rock and that's all that mattered to him.

"Jacey you ready for round two?" Michelle asked

"Nah I'm tired, and stop calling me Jacey, it's Jace."

"We'll Jacey is cuter"

Suddenly, Jace heard the front door open. He knew it was his mom and if she found out about Michelle in his room she'd burn him alive.

"Shit! Look you gotta go Michelle."

"What! Why?"

"My mom's home and if she sees you she's gonna know that I bring slu-- I mean girls here."

Then there was a noise coming from downstairs. It sounded like an arguement, usually it would be his mom and her boyfriend Dan, but this sounded serious.

Jace tiptoed downstairs and came just in time to see Dan punch his mom in the face.

Without hesitation, Jace leaped and began beating Dan senselessly.

"Jace stop, you're gonna kill him." Olivia screamed.

She had managed to pry him off of Dan.

"GET THE FUCK OUT MY HOUSE!" Jace screamed

"Olivia you better think about what you doin, I ain't afraid to put a bullet in yo kid."

"Just leave Dan!" Olivia said wearily

"So you just gonna leave me hangin like that?! You really are a bitch."

"GET OUT!"

"Fine! I don't need you or your white kid anyway. You stupid whore, who the hell has a 17 year old son at 29.? Only you! See ya bitch."

Dan left the house and Jace just stared at his mom in disbelif.

"Mom, wha-"

Tears streamed down her face, she didnt know what to tell him.

"Baby I'm so sorry, I just..."

"How long?"

"What?"

"How long has he been hitting you mom!!!"

"A month"

"A month? Mom why didnt you tell me?"

Because I didn't want you to worry, I'm your mother I'm suppose to protect you."

"Mama, how can you protect me when you can't even protect yourself? I can't believe you allowed him to hit you like that?"

Jace's remark caused Olivia to cry even more.

"Mom come here."

Jace pulled his mom into a warm embrace. Although she was too young to be his mom, that didnt matter to him, she was his role model and best friend.

"Mommy I don't want to see that piece of shit in this house."

"Trust me, that's never gonna happen. I don't want him near you, and watch your mouth I may be young, but I will slap you for swearing."

"Yes mam. I love you."

Jace kissed his mom's forehead

"I love you more peanut and by the way, if I go upstairs and find that girl in your room, you're grounded..for a month"