9. Why?

Yay it's Friday! And another chapter... Happy reading... 😃

Caterina Roberts

"For goodness sake, Reena. Stop pacing around like that, you're making me dizzy." Right now I'm pacing around the guest room at the Clarkson beach house at close to midnight. I hadn't had the time to tell Eva about Damon Clarkson. I had no idea who he was or how wealthy he was until I met him this afternoon. Not that his money mattered to me but, I know what people like him can do. What his money can do, and to me he looked like a man who never gets 'no' as an answer.

"Did you hear what I just said?" I asked turning around to face her.

"Yes I did."

"Are you sure you heard the part where I said Mr. Clarkson being the same guy who I slapped?"

"Yes."

"Twice."

"Yes."

"And you don't have anything to say to me? Like, 'Holy moly, Caterina he's a billionaire and yes, he can destroy you' how about something along those lines?" I whispered yelled at her.

"You're getting scared for no reason."

"'For no reason?' are you kidding me? Did you see how he was looking at me? He was staring daggers at me. I'm telling you that he is going to get me fired from my job. You know I'm barely getting by the rent and my bills. I can not afford to get fired. How am I going to support my daughter?" I asked looking at my little girl's sleeping form. "He can basically ruin my life. If he wills he can make it so that I will never have a job anywhere ever again," I said to her as I sat down next to her. She made me turn around and look at her.

"I promise you, he isn't going to get you fired," She said.

Wiping my tears away I half smiled at her and asked, "how come you sound so sure of yourself?"

"Because I know he won't. Now come on, it's late we should get to bed."

That night I went to bed fearing what the next step would be for my future and specially for the future of my Snow. I hoped with everything that I had that Eva was right and that Mr. Clarkson wouldn't take my job from me.

I woke that morning when I felt Snow moving in my arms. Rubbing my eyes I looked at the time to see it was just a couple minutes passed six. Snow was wide awake looking down at me with a smile on her face. I shower her with kisses and tickle her and she is laughing so hard I think for a second that she might forget to breath. 'I love you' were the first words I said to her since I woke up a few minutes ago. Because it was true, I loved my daughter with all of my heart, I didn't know what I'd do without her. After giving her couple more kisses I picked her up and went to the bathroom. After we finished doing our business we quietly walked downstairs so as to not wake anyone up.

We made our way to the kitchen and I picked her up and placed her on the kitchen island counter. "Ready for breakfast?" I asked and she nodded her head. "Stay right here mommy is going to make you some breakfast, ok?" And I walked to the refrigerator to make breakfast for my daughter and as well as everyone else because I loved to cook, so I thought since I was already up I should make something nice for the Clarksons for their hospitality.

Just as I opened the refrigerator door I felt someone else's presence, which caused me to turn around. I turned right back around as soon as I saw who it was. I mentally face palmed myself for being so foolish. He doesn't have a shirt on was all I could think at the moment. I was facing the fridge with my back towards him. Lord, please make him go away, I begged. Few seconds past, so I decided to turn around to make sure he had left. But it wasn't so, and that's when my nose almost bumped into a hard chest. My face was millimeters away from his chest. Minutes passed and he didn't move back so I grudgingly looked up at him. My breath caught at the sight of him. His ocean blue eyes looked down at me with such intensity that my knees buckled and if it weren't for his quick reflexes my knees would've hit the floor with such force that I wouldn't have been able to walk for days.

Sparks shot through my body as his muscular arm snaked around my small waist and held me flush against his bare chest. I looked up at his face and noticed everything that I shouldn't have noticed. It was beyond me how he managed to look like he had just walked out of a fashion photoshoot when in fact he just came inside from his morning run. Actually, now that I am looking at him I noticed that he hadn't slept at all last night. I wonder what kept him up?" I was shocked at my own thought, why do you even care that he was up all night? I looked away from his face and whispered, "please let me go."

I gasped when he tightened his arms around me and dipped his head right in the crook of my neck. Barely touching my ears he whispered words that I had been dreading to hear. With that he let go of me and walked over to Snow, giving her a kissed on her forehead he put her down so she could come to me and he left me and my baby there and walked out.

I slid down the refrigerator door and sat on the floor because my legs couldn't support me anylonger. I hugged my baby as tears fell down my cheeks. Snow starting struggling in my arms because I was holding on to her too tight and when I realized that I loosened my hold and looked at her. With her tiny hands she wiped my tears away making me cry even harder.

"Omee, don't cry. No ovs you." My two year old daughter said in her broken language while wiping my tears away with her tiny hands, making me smile. Her words gave me strength. She was my world and I was determined to do whatever was necessary to give her the future she deserved. Even if it meant that I had to let Mr. Clarkson do with me as he pleased.

Putting on a big smile on my face I wiped my tears away. Taking a deep breath I said, "ok, mommy isn't going to cry anymore because Snow loves mommy, right?"

Nodding her head she said, "yes, No ovs omee."

"And mommy loves Snow."

With that I picked her up and and get up floor  and started making breakfast.

                                            ... To be continued

Well? How was it? I hope y'all like this chapter.

Vote and comment.

Oh and...  Any guesses as to what Mr. Clarkson said to her?

❤️❤️❤️