22. What Promise?

Trying to do better about updating. I will not set a specific day but I will try to do better about updating it once a week. Anyway, this is the update for this week. The next update will be any day between Sunday ( April 14) through Saturday ( April 20). It will probably be in the week day because I am going away this coming weekend (12-14) to see my family.

I hope you'll enjoy reading the latest update on the little Clarkson family. Also, I hope you enjoyed your weekend!

"Without a family, a man, alone in the world, trembles with the cold."     --- Andre Maurois

Happy Reading...

Damon Clarkson

Okay, I have tried it. And it's going to be a big fat NO! I am not going to stick to the noble thought I had a few weeks ago about letting her go. The hell am I going to let her go. Not seeing her for the past three weeks had been difficult enough. 

I was thankful at first when I realized that I had some business to take care of overseas and figured that it would help me keep my promise to myself about keeping my distance from her and letting her go. But, as the days went by my resolve for staying away from her became weaker and weaker and by the end of the trip the thought about letting her go and staying away from her was completely gone from my head. 

By the time I had flown back home from Greece late last night I walked out of my plane with a broad smile on my face. I had never been this happy to come back home. I wanted to come  straight from the airport and knock on her apartment door but I figured I'd need a reason to come that late at night so I let it go.  And as I now stand outside her apartment building so early in the morning I smiled like a love sick teenage boy. I wasn't even sure why I thought that I needed any reason other than to see my little Snow and my wife-- the thought brought a smile to my face as I leaned against my car. My wife, she was mine and no one on earth could change that. 

I didn't particularly care what she thought about our marriage. All that mattered to me was that the fact that she was legally bonded to me now, and I wasn't going to let go. EVER. Granted the way I did that was not my finest moment but, it ended up with her being mine so I wasn't feeling guilty about it. 

After flipping and flopping on my bed last night trying to go to sleep but not being able to, I had rolled out of bed with one thing in my mind. I had made up my mind that I was going to bring her and our daughter home with me. If I had to carry her little screaming butt with me, even that I will gladly do. I know that she is stubborn but she was not going to win the battle of stubbornness with me. If she thinks that she will win than she had another thing coming.  

My inner voice decided to pop its head out at that exact moment. You can't force her, it said. 

I'm not forcing her, I'm just showing her where her place is. 

And where is that exactly? 

Right by my side. 

"Look at me," I whispered out loud to myself with a chuckle "having a monologue with myself. This is what it has come down to."

Shaking my head at myself I took my phone out of my pocket and dialed a number.

"Morning," exclaimed Peter at the end of the other line.

"I've been waiting for over twenty minutes."

"Sorry, I'll be there in five minutes. I just had to make sure that my wife was alright and was not going to give birth while I was away," he said.