16. The Truth

I ate like eight thousand worth of calories while writing this. Literally, lol.  Thank you for all of you who have read my silly little story so far. Thank you for your patience and wanting to keep reading it. I promise I will complete this story. I just don't know when that is going to be. I will try to keep updating whenever it is possible. Maybe once a week?

Gratefully,

Su.

HAPPY READING

"If she's amazing, she won't be easy. If she's easy, she won't be amazing. If she's worth it, you wont give up. If you give up, you're not worthy... Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just got to find the ones worth suffering for."

                                                        ― Bob Marley,

Damon Clarkson.

"Actually, I'd like to cut in, if that's okay with you Peter," I heard my dad say behind Peter, but my eyes could not stop looking at Peter. Just seeing his face made me want to punch him. "You can let go of her now," dad spoke again. I had automatically pulled her towards me when I saw Peter. I didn't want to let go of her but I did and walked away.

I sat by the bar and watched her dance with my dad. I wondered if she looked as small as she does now dancing with my dad as she did with me. And most importantly I wondered what they were talking about.

As the song came almost to the end I saw my dad nod his head once so I looked to see who he was looking at. I followed his gaze and saw Peter. I looked back at my dad just as he kissed her on her forehead and twirled her and said something else and twirled her one more time and passed her to Peter.

As soon as I saw them together I started to see red. I sat there and looked at them talking. When he bent his head and put his mouth next to her ear I could no longer sit there and  look at them.  I turned around and took three shots of vodka and grabbed a blonde that was nearest to me and brought her to the dance floor. But no matter what I did my eyes followed her. I was so frustrated, my throat was burning and my chest was hurting so I did what came most naturally to me. I smashed my lips against the blonde's lips out of anger.

I hated her for making me feel like this, she had me in the palms of her hand and she didn't even know what she was doing to me. I couldn't stand the thought of her being in his arm. She is mine, said my inner voice yet I couldn't do anything about it because I didn't want to create a scene and ruin Rose and Derek's wedding day. I was holding onto my temper by the thinnest line of thread there was ever invented to saying 'screw this shit,' and grab her and take her away from here.

This girl that I was kissing didn't even bring the excitement that I got just by touching Caterina but I kept kissing her to get my frustration out. I was kissing this girl that I had no idea who she was or what her name was, but I was looking at Caterina whole time. Just as I was kissing this blondie, Peter turned her around so she faced me and she saw me kissing this girl. She looked at me with the most vulnerable eyes that I had ever seen. I saw pain in her eyes, for that split second that her eyes met mine I saw her completely... broken? Why?

Peter turned around and when he saw me he said something without looking at her. She stopped dancing completely and said something to him and left.

I let go of the girl I was kissing as Caterina ran away from the hall.

I was confused. Why did she look utterly broken when she saw me kiss that girl when she was in the arms of the man she loved? why?  Ever fiber of my being screamed me to go after her but, I choose not to. "I need another shot."