10. Half a Bottle of Whiskey

Yay! Once again, it's Friday. This chapter is dedicated to @bluegreen @bae_kemi and all the others who have been patiently waiting for a new chapter. Thanks for reading lovelies. 😘

Okayyyyy,  Happy reading. 😄

Damon Clarkson

I think she sensed me watching her, because every time I looked at her she'd look up and meet my gaze and as soon as she locked eyes with me she would look away. She avoided me like I was a plague after lunch. I looked at her, mesmerized, as I talked with my cousins and Rose and Eva. The more I looked at her the more I couldn't get my eyes off her. I saw her talk with my sister and I could tell my sister took a liking to her.

I thought it was odd how Snow clung to Caterina and how she fed her, played with her and how Snow prefered to take naps with her, but I pushed that thought away thinking that Caterina maybe wanted to give Eva some break where she didn't have to take care of her baby for a day.

After lunch we went to the beach, some of us swam while the others played volleyball. Caterina didn't swim. She sat on a beach chair next to Charlotte with a book in her hand. Occasionally she looked my way to make sure Snow was okay, because I had her with me in the water. At one point she put down her book and walked up to the shore and walked on the beach sand barefoot. She had a simple white sundress on and she looked absolutely stunning. She closed her eyes and relaxed her shoulders as she tilted her head towards the sky basking in the hot summer sun. Standing there with her eyes closed she had no idea what she was doing to me. She was making me frustrated because I wanted her. I wanted her like I've never wanted anything more in my entire life. I wanted her right now and right here, and what Damon wanted, Damon got.

I hadn't realized that I was walking towards her when a small pair of hand touched my face. "Dada," she said, instantly bring me back to reality. Shaking my head I walked passed her with Snow in my arms and gave her to Eva.

I need a cold shower. After giving Snow to her mother I walked straight up the front porch up the stairs to my room and into the bathroom. Slamming the door to the bathroom I turned on the knob to the shower. Both my hands up against the wall I stood under the freezing cold water for half an hour. She was driving me crazy. I wanted her out of my system. I am going to get her out of my system tonight, I told myself. The cold shower didn't help me one bit, because everytime I closed my eyes I saw her. Pounding my fists into the shower wall a couple times I turned off the water. Stepping out of the shower I grabbed a towel and dried myself.

I went downstairs fully dressed. Everyone was in the living room by then: talking, laughing. As soon as Derek saw me he walked over to me and whispered, "we need to talk. I need to tell you something."

Looking straight at the girl that was driving me over the edge I said, "what is it?"

"Damon, no." I turned my head and looked at him. "I meant it." His voice sounded very stern, as if he was reprimanding his son, causing me to smirk. Shaking my head I looked back at her. She was talking and laughing with my sister and her sisters, oblivion to everything else around her. "I'm being serious."

"So am I."

"Look at me. I have to tell you something."

Being serious this time I completely turned around and faced him, "I'm listening."

Just then dad came to us. "Is everything alright?" he asked looking at us quizzically.

"Everything is fine dad."

"Good, than you boys don't mind helping me with barbecuing?"

"Not at all. Derek and I can talk later, right?" I said as I looked at him. He forced a smile and nodded. I wondered what was so important that he needed to tell me right now and debated whether we should talk now but, I decided it could wait.