14. The Wedding

Okay, please don't freak out over the 'One Month Later' part. I am going to elaborate on as to what happened during this one month leap when I am done with this story. Okay? Okay.

HAPPY READING

"So it's not gonna be easy. It's going to be really hard; we're gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me... everyday."

                                                                                       ― Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook

Damon Clarkson

One Month Later...

The wedding is about to start in any minute but I couldn't wait any longer. I had screwed everything up yesterday and I had to tell her and get it out of me. "I have to tell her," I whispered to myself as I run up the stairs to where Eva had told me Caterina was. I was basically running up the stairs when I almost ran into someone.

"Whoa there brother, may I know what's so important that instead of running towards the wedding which is about to start in less than five minutes that you're going the other way?" Charlotte asked.

"Caterina," I said and started to keep walking away, but she pulled back.

"Ahhh, " she screamed. "You can't just say her name and walk away from me. Now tell me," she said.

"I haven't even told her yet, let me tell her first and see what she says and than I'll tell you all about it," I tell her.

"Have you seen at the way she looks at you? So don't worry about it's going to be a yes."

"I'm nervous," I whisper.

"My brother is never nervous. Now go, get your girl."

"I will," I say and run away before she says anything else. My steps faltered as I made my way around the corner and heard someone cry. I come closer quietly and looked through the glass wall. I saw a man with his back towards me looking down at some girl telling her something. I come even closer to hear what he is saying. I couldn't resist eavesdropping. "Baby, look at me. I am going to make everything okay. I promise. I am here now. look at me," the man put his hand on the girl's face and wiped away her tears. "I'm going to make everything better my love, trust me."

Okay now I should go, I'm invading their private and inmate moment, I think to myself. And just as I was about to turn around I get the shock of my life. They hug and that's when I see his face. Peter. My brother in law and that is most definitely not my sister because I just saw her going downstairs.

I can't move. I'm trying to go downstairs but my legs won't move. After a couple of seconds he kisses her forehead and they both let go of their embrace and turn around. I thought seeing Peter in some other woman's embrace was the shock of my life, but what I saw next truly shattered my world. The woman was Caterina.

Just as they approached the door and opened it, I turned around the corner and leaned against the wall so they wouldn't see me.  "You go on ahead, I'm going to go wash my face and I'll be downstairs in a minute."

"Don't go."

"Peter, I look like a mess."

"I'm afraid that this is a dream and if I let you go now I feel like I'm going to open my eyes I will never see you."

"You are here aren't you?" she asked.

"Yes."

"Then? Nothing is going to happen to me, because you won't let anything happen to me." She pouts when he still doesn't let go of her hand. "And aren't you the one who should be saying that as my sole protector?" she says with a smile.