Chapter 9

Admitting he's wrong..is not his thing lol

Leave comments/questions/etc

Happy reading & happy fall!!!! 🎃

9| apologizing

It was already late morning by the time Severus decided to visit Lucia the next day. He had been doing anything to distract himself from his thoughts, but now he found his mind wandering. He spent the previous night thinking of ways to apologize to Lucia, what to say and how. So far, he hasn't had any luck finding the right words. Nothing he could come up with sounded right or sincere. For someone with the ability to lie well, he was rubbish at speaking what's on his mind. To be more specific, he was bloody terrible at admitting his faults in person.

Pondering different ways to word his thoughts was starting to give Severus a headache. So for the last hour of helplessly trying to find something constructive to do he has been wandering around his chambers grumbling to himself. At this rate, he will sound like a blabbering idiot. What in Merlin's name was he suppose to say?

Coming to a stop at a potions cabinet, he decided to brew to ease his mind, at least for a short while. He quickly gathered all the needed ingredients and set to work. There was no point in his mind to apologize, either way he would still be a git. It was absolutely, bloody pointless in trying so hard in his opinion. A short while later, Severus finished the potion and started bottling it. When he checked the time he realized it was already mid afternoon.

Pinching the bridge of his nose, he decided to stop stalling. He left his chambers then, not bothering to clean, and made the trek to Lucia's office. He hoped she was there as he did not know where her personal chambers were.

Once he reached her office door, he hesitated. Raising his hand up to knock, he stood for a few seconds unsure of what he was doing. He even hoped that she wouldn't answer. Sighing irritatedly, he delivered a hard double knock to the door. A few seconds went by without answer, but just before Severus turned to leave, the door opened to reveal Lucia. She looked haggard, as though she was busy with her hair thrown up into a loose ponytail. She was even wearing muggle jeans. He found that odd considering she was a pureblood.

Lucia smoothed out her shirt and cleared her throat. "Severus, what can I do for you?" He opened his mouth to answer but nothing came out. He crossed his hands behind his back in attempt to look composed, though he knew it didn't work. Noticing his trouble, Lucia broke the silence. "Why don't you come in for tea? It seems you have something to speak to me about." She stepped back from the door and allowed him room to enter.

Severus paused for a moment before going in her office. He stopped near her desk noticing all the papers and miscellaneous items strewn about the room.

"Please forgive the mess, I've been busy cleaning my office all morning." Lucia walked past him to get him tea that she had already prepared. "I couldn't stand the state it was in anymore and I'm hoping to finish before this evening."

Looking around her office again, Severus doubted that would be possible on her own. He nodded in thanks when Lucia handed him his tea. He silently observed her as she moved around, tinkering with a few items.

"You can sit you know," she said without looking at him. There was a hint of amusement in her voice as she spoke. "I thought I told you to make yourself comfortable when you're here."

Severus sat stiffly on the chair in front of her desk. "Indeed, you did."

"And yet you still act as a complete stranger," Lucia looked over her shoulder at Severus to give him a mock disappointed look, "you should know better."