Chapter 22

Hey guys, so I'm still open to you asking questions about Severus and Lucia, or my headcanons. Just comment away here!

✌🏻

Listen: Cat People by David Bowie

22| accepting

Lucia was in a rush as she walked to the end of the school grounds. It was times like these that she wished apperating was allowed on school grounds. She wasn't necessarily in a rush on anyone else's accord, they can wait. But her desire to get this visit over with quickly overcame her instinct to delay it. Once she was in the clear, she closed her eyes and took a deep breath. It wouldn't be the best idea for her to show up in a sour mood. Opening her eyes, she thought of her destination and disappeared with a pop.

When she appeared again, she was standing in front of a gated, dark house. She found that she didn't miss anything about the sharp features of the Abbott manor. The dark windows, angular features, and foreboding gate caused no stirrings of fondness. Especially since it was owned by her ex husband who no doubt matched the exterior of his grand house.

Pushing open the iron gate, Lucia made her way to the front door. She used the round handle of the fragile knocker to announce her presence. The door opened a moment later to an old woman who smiled upon seeing Lucia.

"Madam Lucia, it is such a wonderful surprise to see you again." The woman quickly welcomed her inside and closed the door behind them.

Lucia returned the warm smile and walked ahead. As she glanced around the main entrance of the house, she corrected the woman. "I believe I'm not your madam anymore Ruby." She looked back at the woman again, "there's no need to be so formal."

"Of course dear," Ruby said with a light chuckle. "It is good to see you."

Before Lucia could respond, they were interrupted by a rough voice. "Ruby, I expect to be informed when we receive a guest. Yet here you are conversing with them instead." Kane descended the stairs as he looked Lucia over. "Especially if the guest is expected."

"I apologize sir."

As Kane waved her off to continue her work, Lucia scowled at him. "That was uncalled for."

Kane raised an eyebrow, "was it? I believe I pay her for a reason and it's not for her to socialize with guests." He walked past Lucia and lead her to his office down the hallway.

Deciding not to waste anymore time, Lucia went straight to the point of her being there. "I'm here now that you summoned me. What was so urgent for you to interrupt me while I'm preparing for the school term to start?"

There was a delay in response from Kane as he went to the crystal bottles along the wall. Lucia knew he held different types of liquor in those for exactly these reasons. He was always a fan of casual drinking, even if it wasn't the evening. "I received a letter for you."

"From who?"

Kane took a drink of the dark amber liquid in his glass and stood by his desk. He grabbed a thin, folded letter laying on top of the black wood. "From my brother, of all people."

Lucia was baffled at hearing this. They hadn't spoken for so long and he suddenly sends a letter to her. After she's no longer married to Kane no less. It was quite ironic.