Chapter 15

Alright here we go with another part. This time things will be a little different than the past chapters, but I hope it's just as interesting 😉

listen: southern nights by Glen Campbell (another favorite from guardians of the galaxy vol. 2)

15| frustrating

It was another dull, gray day at Hogwarts when Lucia was making a list of the potential lessons for her classes. So far, she had been able to put together a partial one for her sixth year classes, but had yet to start on seventh. Last year students were harder for her to create a plan for, as there were always mix-ups in their schedules. The excitement of finishing their schooling also caused for distraction in her lessons with them, as the motivation to pay attention lessened.

Besides needing to finish class preparation before students returned in the fall, Lucia was also using these lists as a distraction. The folded letter sitting next to her was begging for her to respond, but she refused to give the satisfaction to its sender. The letter held a distinct undertone of condescending judgement meant to upset her. After reading it in disbelief, she had tossed it to the side not wanting to give much attention to it.

Pulling her hair back from her face, Lucia closed the book she was writing in and laid it on top of the letter and pile of other parchment. Glancing at the clock to check the time, she realized it was close to the time she was meeting with Minerva. She received a letter from the headmistress earlier in the morning asking to meet for tea and a small 'chat'. Knowing Minerva, their small chat meant more than just that. Minerva also made sure to mention that Severus was invited to join as well, although there was no promise that he would.

Lucia stood up and cast a nonverbal charm to clear the area she was sitting in so it didn't look like a complete mess. She pushed her hair over her right shoulder before fixing the appearance of her clothes. Grabbing her wand and slipping it in her sleeve, she left her chambers.

As she waited for Lucia to come for tea, the headmistress was finishing paperwork that needed to be done in a reasonable amount of time. She heard the clock chime, indicating it was noon and Lucia should be arriving any moment. She sighed deeply, desperately needing a break from the endless documents. As she was about to rewet her quill, there was a light knock on the door. Looking up at the sound of the door opening, she saw Lucia step in. Lucia looked bothered, but she didn't want to comment on that yet.

"You're late my dear."

Lucia slightly rolled her eyes and smirked at her. "I apologize for taking a minute too long on the stairs Minerva. Is the staircase moving slower or am I truly starting to get old?"

Minerva shook her head and removed her glasses before standing up from her desk. "Less of your sarcasm will do." She moved around the desk to wave Lucia over to the seating area. "You know it's less than becoming for a lady."

"It's too bad I'm not one," Lucia said smirking.

Minerva scoffed at her and chose not to comment further. She lead them over to the chairs where they will be having their tea. Lucia sat in one of the armchairs while Minerva took the other one. With a wave of her hand, Minerva summoned a house elf. Within a minute of asking for him to bring a tray with tea and snack items, they had everything.

As Minerva was stirring her tea in preparation, she began their conversation. "I haven't heard much from you in the past few days." She sipped her tea then looked up at Lucia. "How are you and Severus?"