Chapter 19

So I've been struggling with inspiration for this story. Mostly all filling chapters in between the big things. I'm really trying to get back into it and I think making an outline for the entire story has helped. I'll admit I started the new chapter of She Saved Me and started a oneshot instead of working on this 🙈 I don't know why I can't think when it comes to this story and I feel like I'm giving you guys low quality chapters. Please be patient with me as I try to work things out. Thanks.

Does anyone have any suggestions to help?

✌🏻

Listen: Schubert: Sonata Andantino D.959 by Mitsuko Ushida

eniamino Gigli – La canzone dell'amore

19| feeling

July 20

Anxiety overcame Severus that day. Knowing what was taking place caused a heavy cloud to shadow his mind. It consumed his entire body since the moment he woke up early that morning. No matter how he tried to distract his mind from the days event, he was unsuccessful.

It was the day that Tom Riddle was being put on trial. He had heard that only recently the public was informed of this, which caused an uproar. Lucia mentioned hearing people express displeasure at him being given a trial at all. Many believe he should have been put in prison immediately upon discovery of his survival. He was in agreement with them. Severus was baffled at how Riddle was given this opportunity to 'realize his mistakes' when he himself would be condemned. If he were to be put on trial, there would be more than a few that would find joy in his imprisonment.

Confusion was working in Riddle's favor this time. But Severus knew that he wasn't innocent. Actions made by the dark lord could be excused, but not the ones he committed as a student. He can't escape from those. Severus only hoped that justice would prevail. All he could do now was wait for Minerva to return later that day. Then he'll have his answers. He could finally move on.

For once since his recovery, he didn't mind being alone or the silence that accompanied. He wasn't quite comfortable telling Lucia about his feelings on the Tom Riddle matter. He didn't even feel the need to share them.

Lucia was clearly worried about him, but respected his need for space. He knew she was as anxious about the results of the trial as he was, even if she didn't show it. Her primary concern seemed to be Miss Merin's involvement in the situation. Lucia briefly explained her connection to the girl to Severus after their conversation with Minerva. He gathered that she was more than just a favorite student to Lucia. He won't worry about it unless it became an issue however.

Checking the time, he realized they would be well into the trial meaning he'll have to wait yet. He was beginning to be restless, not able to find anything to distract his mind. He hoped to find something to make the time go faster, but that became a struggle quickly.

Frustrated from all his thoughts, Severus grabbed a random book from the bookshelf. Sitting down in his wing-backed chair, he forced himself to concentrate and read. Slowly, his mind shifted from thoughts of the trial to the topics of the book and became engrossed.

On the other side of the castle, Lucia was also avoiding thoughts on what was happening at the Ministry. Staring out into the vast lands of Hogwarts was a particular favorite pastime for Lucia. It was calming and allowed her a chance to lose focus of the world around her. A chance to escape the issues that could easily cloud the mind. Sitting in front of her window with a warm cup of tea was her way of meditating. She could rest her mind and body completely. And she needed that today to relax herself.