Chapter 35

I know it seems sudden, but I just couldn't wait to get to this part of the story...or what comes next 😉

Also, cast list can be found at the end!

Listen: Dream Violin by Craig Armstrong

35| introducing

Lucia wasn't sure exactly when she fell asleep, but the next time she was fully conscious again she was alone. She looked to the other side of the bed where Severus was beforehand and saw the sheets had been fixed. Letting out a sigh, Lucia sat up to see what time it was. Apparently she had slept for three hours and it was now past dinner. Swinging her legs over the side of the bed, she decided to get up finally. She cringed when she felt a dull pain from moving. What she told Severus turned out to be right, there was already a soreness from their activities. But it was a good kind, one that reminded her that what happened was real.

Speaking of Severus, Lucia wondered if he really did slip away while she was asleep. The thought of that happening saddened her. She fully expected there to be some measure of self-consciousness immediately following their tryst, just not so quickly. Deciding there was no use in moping about the possibility of being left, Lucia quickly found a pajama set to slip on for the rest of the evening and try to find something to eat. Much to her surprise, she found Severus peacefully reading in his favored armchair.

With a soft smile on her face, Lucia approached slowly. "I almost thought you had left."

Severus lifted his gaze to her with a raised brow. "Do you truly think so low of me?" Lucia huffed out a short laugh and shook her head. "I wanted to let you rest."

"That's fine," Lucia said appreciatively.

"Is it really?"

Lucia shrugged and sat down across from him. "You can imagine how I feel when I woke up alone." She then saw understanding dawn on his face after she said that.

Severus closed his book softly with a small frown. "I apologize, I did not intend to make you feel that way."

Knowing he truly meant his apology, Lucia let the issue drop. "Anyways, are you hungry? It's past dinner time." Her stomach made a noise almost as soon as the question left her mouth. Even if he wasn't hungry, she certainly was.

"I suppose I could eat something."

"Good," Lucia said softly and thought about what she could request from a house elf. "It's late, so nothing too filling."

Severus hummed his agreement. He found it hard to believe that Lucia was so casual after what they did. It was as if it didn't impact her as deeply as it did for him. Then again, that's how she was as a person. He was sure she didn't want him to feel discomfort around her either. But that was unfortunately inevitable.

"Severus."

Severus blinked out of his daze and refocused on her again. "Yes?"

Lucia had an amused smile on her face. "Did you hear what I said at all?"

"No," Severus said slowly.

Letting out a short laugh, Lucia got up. "I asked if you had any preferences and listed some options for you." She placed a hand on her hip and raised a thin eyebrow at him in question.

"Ah," Severus said in understanding. "I would be fine with anything you choose."

"Careful that could get you in trouble," Lucia said with a warm laugh.

Severus rolled his eyes, "I'm sure you'll pick something absolutely revolting."

"You put a lot of trust in me Professor Snape."