Chapter 5

Chapter 5

            A half hour later, Nick was waiting for Amber to come to the office, but she never came.  He was about to go find her when he heard a knock on the door.

“Come in,” he said.

            The door opened, and he saw Amber peek into the room.  “You wished to see me?” she asked.

            “Yes.  Come in and sit down,” he said.

            She walked in with an envelope in her hands, shut the door behind her, walked over to the desk, and hands him the envelope.

“What is this?” he asked taking it.

            Amber sat down, “My two week notice.  I’ll look for someone else and teach them how to be your assistant…”

            He was surprised, “Amber, I’m not letting you go.”

            “You’re not?” she asked surprised.

            “No.”

            “Oh.”  Amber was quiet, “Then may I ask why you asked me to come in here?”

            “I was going to tell you what I have planned tomorrow for the songs list with my brothers.”

            “Oh,” she said softly, “well, I thought too that you were going to tell me about the other girl about what she did.”

            Nick sat there.  “Amber, I’m really not ready to say yet.”

            Amber sighed, “I know.  I mean I would like to know, but I’m willing to wait a little longer until you are ready to tell me.”

            “Thank you.”  He picked up a thick folder from the desk.  “Now, here is the plan.  Let’s go to the couch and I’ll show you the song list plans, and you tell me what you think.”  He chuckled, “I mean, I need to know what my fans love and hate about our shows, and our songs.”

            Amber laughed, “There is nothing wrong about one of your guys songs, or your guys shows, but I would be honored.”

            They stood up and went to sit down on the couch in the office to look in the folder.

~*~*~*~

            Next morning, after Nick won an argument with Amber for a half hour getting her to change her business suit to normal and comfortable clothes.

            “We’re not going out for an interview or anything,” he told her…