Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Nick got released to go back to the hotel and rest up until the concert.  He called his parents to tell them that he was okay, and would check in once in a while.  However he couldn't get a hold of Amber, she never answeredJoe told him she left when he was sleeping.  Either she was avoiding him or her phone was off.

The day of the concert, Nick and Rob got there, he asked the stage hands or anyone he met in the hallway where Amber was, and everyone told him this way or that way.  He figured that he'd find her soon.

Right when it was about time for practice, he saw Amber coming toward him with folders in her arms looking at something and on the phone.  He went right up to her, and took the phone from her.

"Hey!" she said as she watched him.

"She'll call you back," he said and closed the phone.

"That was Clive, and we were doing some business," she said.

"He can wait." She reached for the phone, but he raised his arm over his head so she can't get it. "Tell me something?"

"What?" she asked while she stopped jumping knowing that her five foot three frame wasn’t going to reach the phone over his five foot eight frame.

"Why are you avoiding me?  Why aren't you answering my calls?" he asked.

"I'm not avoiding you.  Clive and I are doing some business together since I'm not doing anything while the tour is going on," she said looking at him.

"Well, things change. And right now I want you to join me on stage while we practice, and you're to be sitting beside Dani."

"Nick, I have business to do."

"I don't care.  You'll be up there with me during practice.  Promise me you will be and I'll give you the phone back. If you don't, I'll have Rob come after you to carry you up there."

"Fine," she said holding her hand out for the phone.

He gave it back to her. "See you in ten."

She walked off, and called Clive back. "Sorry about that. We were so busy that Nick had something important to tell me, which could've waited after we were done talking."

"That’s fine," Clive said. "So you got all those folders and information about the next PA that we are going to hire?"

"Yes sir. During the concert I will be calling them. That way Nick and no one else can bother me."

"Good. Go do what Nick asked, and then just work on the calls when you can."