Chapter 13

Chapter 13

            Amber was sitting on the bed with her bags packed and ready to go to the airport. She had the planner in her lap, and the cell phone inside it. She was surrounded by a pile of tissues on the floor from all the crying that she’d done for the last hour.

            The door opened, and everyone walked in quietly.

            Amber quickly stood up, and wiped her tears away facing Nick and the others. She reached out handing Nick the planner, “Here is the planner and the cell phone inside. I’ll have a cab waiting for me downstairs, and my bag is packed and ready to go.”

            Nick walked right up to her and hugged her, which she hugged him back.

            “I’m sorry,” Nick told her, and then looked at her, “But… you’ll have to leave soon.”

            “I understand,” she said nodding and looked at the floor.

            “With us,” Joe added with a smile.

            “What?” she asked looking at Joe and then back at Nick. “I still have my job?”

            “Yes.”

            Amber screams hugging Nick again while crying. “Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you so much.”

            "You're welcome," Nick told her while he kissed her cheek without the others seeing.

            She hugged the others. “Thank you.”

            “We leave for the airport soon, so we have to get our stuff and we are out of here,” Kevin told her.

            “Okay,” she smiled. “I just have to call Zac and tell him. He asked me to tell him what happened.”

            “Go ahead, and we’ll see you soon,” Nick told her.

            Amber opened the planner to get the cell phone while everyone went to get packed.

~*~*~*~

Zac was on his way to the airport, heard his cell phone, and saw Amber's number come up on his cell phone.

"Hello?" he answered.

"It's me."

"What's up?"

"Just wanted to tell you that I'm leaving soon."

Zac frowned, "I'm sorry Amber. I wish that I could hug you and tell you bye?"

"Where are you?" she asked.

"On my way to the airport. I'm on my way to California."

"Maybe I'll see you there."

"Are you there now?"

"No, I will be soon. I'll be leaving with Nick and the others."

Zac smiled, "You got to keep your job?"

"Yes."

Zac cheered, "That's wonderful. I told you that you'd be able to keep it."

He heard her laughing, "Yes you did."

"Well, I'm here at the airport, if I haven't left the airport, call and check, and then we’ll fine each other."

"I will."