Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Amber was up and ready to go with Nick to the studio as she reached the kitchen and stopped to see Nick on the phone writing down something.

"Okay, thank you," he said hung up the phone seeing Amber and smiled.  "Morning."

"Morning," she smiled and grabbed a plain bagel and cream cheese from the fridge.

"Where is Zac again?" he asked.

"In LA." she said.  "Zac said to just call when I can come and he'll take care of the rest on his end."

“Okay,” he nodded not saying anything else as he went to finish getting ready.

Amber just prepared her bagel and ate.  She saw some paper on the counter with a pen on top of it and writing on the paper.  She looked the way Nick left, and walked over to look at the paper.  She saw numbers, dates, times, and the words ‘SLC/LAX’ on it.  Her eyes widen.  He was on the phone with getting info on flights to go to LA or Salt Lake City.  She started to panic.  Either he was going to let her go be with Zac for the taping, or she was going to go back home to Idaho.

            She tried not to think about it, but she finished her breakfast, and went to get her stuff to go to the studio with Nick.

~*~*~*~

            On the way to the studio it was really quiet.  Amber tried not to think of the paper on the counter, but just study the planner and dates in it.

            Nick noticed that Amber was really quiet.  “If you study that long enough you’ll fry your brain.”

            “Huh,” she asked looking up at Nick.  “Oh, sorry just thinking about something.”

“So, what is the plan for today?” he asked.

            She quickly looked at today’s date.  “Just practicing again.  Oh, lunch with your mom at noon, practice, and then home.”

            “I might cancel the lunch with mom,” he said quickly.  "We're just so close with what to do at the concerts."

            “Aw, Nick, don’t," she said looking at him.  "You’ve canceled the last few with her during practices.  You should at least let her bring us lunch and visit that way,” she said.

            “I have?” he asked.  He didn’t think he did.  But being so busy he never cancels out lunch with his mom most of the time.

            “You canceled the last three times.  Once earlier this week and a two last week.”

            “Oh,” he said feeling bad doing it.  “Okay, I’ll keep it this time.  Just let my brothers and the band know when we get there.”