Chapter 14

Chapter 14

They were on their way back to the hotel; Nick and Amber were quiet as Rob drove them.  Amber was in the back seat looking out the window thinking about how she left Zac.  She started to feel bad about it.  She just liked him as a friend.

            “Amber?” she heard.

            She looked up to see Rob and Nick looking back at her. “Yeah?” she asked.

            “Did you want to grab a bite to eat?” Nick asked her.

“No, I’m not that hungry.”

“Are you sure?”

            “Yeah. I’ll just get something from the diner downstairs.”

            They turned back to the front as she looked back outside.

            Nick was worried about her. Ever since she left Zac at the movie place, she never said anything.

            They got back to the hotel; Rob dropped them off at the door as he went to park. The two walk inside, heads to the elevator, and up to their floor. As they were on their way up, with Nick on one side, and Amber on the other, he watched her looking at the floor.

            “Amber?” he asked.

            “Yeah?” she asked not moving or looking at him.

            “Do you want to talk about it?”

            “About what?”

            Nick reached into his pant pocket, pulled out a penny, puts his hand out in front of her face while he held the penny between his fingers.

            Amber looked to see a penny that he was holding.

            He smiled, “A penny for your thoughts?” he asked her.

            She smiled, “I’ve just got a lot on my mind that I need to sort out on my own.”

            “Okay,” he said putting the penny back as the elevator stopped and the doors opened on their floor.

            They started to walk off and toward their rooms, as Nick took Amber’s hand.

            “Amber,” he said stopping her, and reached his hand out to her chin to make her look at him.  “I’m going to tell you the same thing that you told me a few months ago.”

            “What was that?” she asked softly.