Chapter 9: Oh My Lord

I walked to Triton Avenue right after I got Mal's call. I wish I could have teleported there, it would have saved time. I mean I could have, but blind teleportation is dangerous, in teleportation101 they teach us never to teleport into an unknown environment, or we could end up lost in limbo forever. Only very skilled wizards can blindly teleport correctly. And until the day when I become one of those wizards, I'm stuck walking to unfamiliar areas. I made it there eventually, straight to the heart of Triton Avenue, where Malorn was supposed to be.

"Catch me up on what happened before I got here?"

"Alright, long story short. Susie's brother Artur is missing, the undead are using storm magic for some unknown reason and we gathered charged Lumina crystals to figure out why the undead are suddenly capable of using storm magic."

"How are Lumina crystals gonna help with that?"

"We found out that the undead were wearing storm medallions, that's how they were using storm magic, we needed the Lumina crystals to figure out why."

"Okay...I'm caught up. So what now?"

"Well, I'm waiting for Duncan to use the crystals to figure all this out."

"And what did you need me for?"

He smirked playfully.

"I was bored."

I rolled my eyes.

"Malorn!"

"Fine, fine. The undead stole the magic from the Lumina crystals we found. We had to recharge them ourselves."

"What? The undead are not even remotely close to being smart enough to do that." I paused, brain fitting the pieces together. "Someone must be helping them."

"Exactly."

"So what? We just wait...?"

"Until Duncan has figured this out. Yeah pretty much."

As if on cue, Duncan came running towards us with Susie right behind him.

"The Undead on Triton Avenue are being led by the Harvest Lord. And he has Artur."

"We have to save my brother!"

"We will, Susie. We just need a plan."

We scrambled to the Harvest Lord's tower. I had expected the Harvest Lord to be a ghost so when I realized he was a scarecrow with a pumpkin for a head I was surprised. He's probably tougher than he looks. I mean, he was strong enough to capture Artur; who was standing In the back of the room.

"So, the rumors are true; Princess Emily and her friends too have discovered Malistaire's plans. Too bad you'll have to remain here with the other wizard. You'll all be powerless to stop us! Soon the Undead will drive out all the citizens and take over the rest of the city. And with the school in our hands, we will rule Wizard City. Ambrose will be crushed!"

"The only thing getting crushed here is you! Banshee scriptor ululate!"

A banshee emerged from my wand and wailed in the Harvest Lord's direction. Malorn and Duncan both cast a vampire spell to sap most of the Harvest Lord's energy away. Susie then cast a storm shark spell to finish the job. She ran over to her brother the minute the Harvest Lord fell, defeated.

"Artur! Thank Bartlbey you're okay!"

I decided to call Andrea while Susie and her brother enjoyed their reunion.

"Andrea...how are things on your end?"

"Well, everything went well so far, I might need help saving Prince Alicaine though."