Chapter 20: Meowiarty

"...Who?"

Sherlock looked at me, his everlasting calm a breath of fresh air amidst the negative energy in the room.

"He's the head of the O'Leary gang. He is the definition of bad news."

"How did he get free?"

"Malistaire freed him."

"What? Why in the spiral...?"

And that's when everything started clicking into place.

"He's the source of the O'Leary's power."

"Precisely."

My gaze shifted from curiosity to incessant determination.

"Where did they go?"

"We don't know."

I ran a hand over my face in frustration. No, I refuse to let this bastard get away with anything.

"Take me to where they were last seen."

Sherlock looked at me, brown eyes widening in understanding. Before leading me to Newgate prison, past what seemed like a hundred cells, before stopping in front of one that was unlocked. I walked inside, sitting down in the middle of the barren cell, on the floor, cross legged, and closed my eyes, focusing my mind on the earth and the energy of the world around me. Remember what Xena said, Meditation is the key to mastering my birthright. I could feel the energy of all that had transpired merge with my own, when suddenly, as if a flip had switched my eyes shot open as I could see Malistaire as he was breaking out Meowiarty. Meowiarty was a man with the head of a cat, and the slim built body of a man. Impeccably dressed for a prisoner, wearing what looked like a thousand dollar charcoal colored suit with a lighter colored vest underneath and a darker tie. He had a thin napoleon III imperial beard and mustache, which were a lighter shade of grey than his fur. He was exuding Mafia elegance, a true king of thieves. Malistaire shot a surge of death magic at the cell's door, forcing it off its hinges. The next moment I was somewhere else, standing inside a strange and unfamiliar looking basement. The sound of electricity was cackling all around me, and I could feel a tingling in the air. In the room around me, was a man with a feline face, wearing a doctor's coat. He was funneling an obscene amount of energy in the form of lightening onto a surgical table, where a green hunched over creature in a black robe was lying. The creature convulsed after being hit with the lightening, before waking up, taking in the room around him, as if for the first time ever. The Cat doctor, looked over at the creature, his eyes what I could only describe as on the wrong side of sanity, as he began to speak.

"I, Dr. Von Katzenstein have created life. You're alive! YOU'RE ALIVE!"

"..."

"Henceforth, you shall be known as Grunk."

"Yes, Master. I am Grunk."

"Now create a clockwork for me Grunk."

The next thing I know, I'm in front of Big Ben Tower, my eyes catching a medley of clockworks; that looked like they were in a hurry to get into the Tower, they were all speaking in unison.

"Must. Protect. Master. Must. Help. Malistaire."

And then the world around me was back to normal, and I was sitting in my meditative position on the floor of what used to be Meowiarty's cell. I looked back at Sherlock who was standing impatiently.

"Well...?"

"They're in Big Ben."

I got up from my sitting position, basically racing out of the cell, when Sherlock's hand stopped me.