Chapter 11: Krokotopia

Oh my god...it actually worked.

"You're...serious?"

"As a curse."

By now my initial shock was wearing off and was replaced by a temporary elation. Yes! One step closer to taking that bastard down!

"You seem lost in thought. Anything I can do to help?"

"Actually...you can. Do you know of a wizard called Malistaire Drake?"

Tinu's lizard-like features darkened considerably.

"That cursed man! He showed up a few days ago and we have been cursed ever since. Oh! The Tuts have come back to life to crush us under their oppressive fists! We need someone who can stop him."

...And there's the real life version of my vision. I'm definitely in the right place.

"Well...luckily for you. That's exactly what I'm here to do."

"This is great news! Go speak to the Sergeant Major outside, if you wish to help rid us of this Malistaire person."

I nodded and made my way out of the Krokotopia spiral chamber. The sight that was in front of me as I came out was something out of an old book. Pyramids and blonde colored desert plastered in front of my very eyes separated into floating islands; three that were unconnected and the rest connected by bridges to the main island. An oasis was the main perception of my visual field; with a man with the head of a grey welsh-terrier standing in front of the water looking contemplative. His broad shoulders were framed by epaulettes that had the crest of the Marleybonian Royal Guard upon it. I'm assuming he's the person I was sent to find. I cautiously approached the man.

"...Are you Sergeant Major Talbot?"

"What, ho! Greetings youngster. You must be one of those wizards from Wizard City! Sergeant Major Sylvester Quimby Talbot III at your service!"

"Emily EmeraldGarden."

"...You're the Princess, of Wizard City? It's an honor to finally make your acquaintance."

I nodded as he bowed gently. I don't think I'll ever get used to that.

"I'm looking for the Order of the Fang. I believe it's linked to why Malistaire is here."

"Hmm...I think I heard one of our Professors mention that. His name is Professor Winthrop, he and his crew are still excavating; you'll find him inside that big pyramid over there. Perhaps he has information that can help you. Be careful though, it's not safe in there."

I nodded and started for the Pyramid. I paused mid stride to answer my phone.

"Where the hell are you?!"

He sounded out of breath and uncharacteristically nervous.

"Malorn. I..."

I trailed off, not knowing how the hell I was going to explain being in Krokotopia.

"...I got home and you weren't there."

He says it so matter of fact-ly, like it explains why he's freaking out.

"So you assumed me dead?"

"...That was six hours ago, I didn't know what to assume."

Oh...my blacking out must have taken a while. I sighed.

"I'm fine...but there's something you need to know."

"Okay...?"

"I need you to promise you're not going to overreact." Silence was present from his end, making me snarl at him. "Promise."