Jealous Nick

nick gets jealous.

...

"Hey, Nick, can you help me?" You had stacked books up just to find the overnight bag you packed, but still couldn't manage to reach it. Sonny had asked you to come over after a particularly bad day at work, needing a friend. Of course you complied, but completely forgot that you didn't tell Nick.

"What do you need an overnight bag for?" He walked to the closet, leaning against the door frame and watching you.

"I'm gonna stay at Sonny's tonight." You looked at Nick quick enough to see his facial expression, knowing exactly what he was thinking. "Nothings gonna happen." Nick finally walked in your direction, reaching up and grabbing the bag with ease. You huffed as you took it from him, swinging it over your shoulder.

"I love you." You jumped off the books and knocked his shoulder, watching him roll his eyes, but smile anyway.

"I love you, too." He wrapped his arms around you and pressed a kiss to your forehead. You giggled and told him goodbye, and to keep his cellphone charged as you went on your way.

...

"Sonny!" You yelled as he opened his door, immediately being engulfed in him. He walked you to the couch, dropping you down and settling next to you.

"Are you ready for the best night ever?" Sonny was practically yelling at the top of his lungs, and all you could do was laugh. "Always." You laid on his stomach, pulling the afghan over the both of you. You leaned to grab your bag, pulling out more food than you could eat.

"I brought snacks." You thrusted them into his chest, seeing him smile.

"You're the best." You smiled back, and reached for the remote to turn something on.

..

You stayed over at Sonny's house only twice more when Nick really began to get worried. He was armed and ready to pounce on Sonny at every given moment of the work day, if he said the wrong thing. But for your sake, he held back.

The two of you were relaxing in the break room, when Sonny walked in, asking of hang out with you again this weekend. Nick automatically answered for you.

"No, we have plans this weekend." His tone was harsh and it caught the both of you off guard, startling Sonny. He nodded once and looking almost rejected, walked away. Nick continued to eat his sandwich like this was a normal occurance, but you could tell that he was secretly upset. You smiled a bit to yourself, a little flattered that he was jealous of Sonny.

You cleared your throat. "So, uh, Nick..." You sat up on face him, resting your head on your palm. "What exactly do we have planned this weekend?" You rose your eyebrows at him as he looked up at you, with a face like he just got caught in the cookie jar.

"Well, I wanted to take you to dinner as a surprise.. but I guess the surprise is ruined." Smooth.

...

You crawled into bed next to Nick, trying to get him as close as possible to you. Instead of turning to face you like he normally did he must continued with what he was doing. You waited a minute longer, thinking that maybe he was busy, the way he was typing away on his phone.

One minute turned into five, and five eventually turned into 30. Around the 15 minute mark, you have sort of given up, turning away from him an laying down, looking back at him every so often. Around 45 minutes after, he finally dropped his phone and laid down. You tried to turn to talk to him again, but he was facing the other direction.

You sighed and turned away, trying to go to sleep.

...

Nick had been up late texting Munch about advice, which he wasn't sure was a good idea, but also didn't know who else to ask. Munch had told him that he should wait, saying how you were loyal, and that he had made the same sort of mistake when he assumed that Maria was cheating.