Ch: 1 The Girl Left Behind

CHAPTER ONE

THE GIRL LEFT BEHIND

A normal day was expected. You had to go to work and come home to see an empty apartment if you lived alone, or a family. That's what was always expected, but no one knew anything strange and mysterious had happened on this day. On this day, 31 October, 1981 was the day when everything changed for many but not for all.

It was a day that could never be forgotten especially for Lilian Andromeda Black. Lilian was born on the first of August, 1980, a day before her neighbor and playmate Harry James Potter. She was a girl born with light brown skin, dark grey eyes mostly mistaken for dark brown and a head full of curly, thick hair. Her birth was normal, her mother Jasmine Black (née Lupin) was a happy and beautiful woman with straight black hair and dark brown skin. She was married to Sirius Black and Lilian was welcomed to the world by Remus Lupin (her uncle), James Potter (her father's best friend), Lily Potter (her mother's best friend, namesake and godmother) and 1 day old Harry James Potter.

Everyone was ecstatic and joyful. They knew that the two infants were going to be the best of friends, just like their parents. But on December 21st, 1980 the once beautiful and kind Jasmine Black was now 6 feet underground and has left the world and her family behind. Many grieved for the loss of a friend and loved one, but they knew they must go on, tears would never bring her back. No matter how much they wished they would.

As the days went by Lily Potter was kind enough to watch her friends daughter and her son while Sirius Black and her husband were away. The days turned to months and the months turned to years. While the children slept in the comfort of Lily Potter's arms they never knew what was actually happening in the world. A war, and not just any war. A war that was meant for witches and wizards.

The birthday of the two children had passed and they were babbling in an unknown language with each other when Lilian was taken home to be with her father and the three friends, Lily, James and Sirius said their goodbyes, unknown to them that it would be the last goodbye.

As Lilan was about to be put to bed her father placed her down on her bed and smiled sadly. "Lily." Her father had said to her and the tiny baby made an angry face which made the older man laugh. He knew how much she hated her nickname but still called her that anyway. "I don't know what will happen but I know will see each other again. A friend of mine will be coming to pick you up a little later. Be nice to Harry but prank him as well." He lightly laughed. "Goodbye"

The baby in return just looked at the passing man that she wouldn't see for a long time. "Bye Bye." She said and he waved goodbye and she went to sleep.

As she slept she didn't know that she wouldn't see her father for a long time, that in a few hours her father would be taken away from her and sent to the worst place for wizards known, that the nice couple one house away from hers would be dead and that she would be found by a kind stranger and moved to another house.

Hours passed since her father had left her and there was a knock on the door. The baby could not get up to the door. So she opened her eyes and watched the door until a few minutes had passed and it opened. A large man was standing before her with a little bundle that didn't move. "Ah there ye are." The man said and his dark eyes seem to lighten and he smiled. He picked up the little baby, who was still clutching on her blanket that she slept on and a black stuffed cat with brown eyes that she carried everywhere.

Around her neck was a necklace. A picture of a woman with auburn hair and bright green eyes being hugged and holding a wide-eyed newborn baby. She was being hugged by a man with jet black hair and hazel eyes who was also smiling. A man with lustrous black hair and grey eyes with a wide smile holding onto a baby with a woman with black, straight hair and dark brown skin. The baby was smiling and trying to grab onto a part of the other baby's jet black hair but failed.