Ch: 4 Severus Snape

CHAPTER FOUR

SEVERUS SNAPE

Lilian looked up at the door and with her letter in her hand she opened the door. There in the doorway was a man. He was wearing a long, black cloak. He was a thin man with sallow skin and a large hook nose. His hair was shown to his shoulders and was a greasy-black, curled lips and black eyes that seemed to be staring into your soul. His face seemed to be emotionless and he had a presence that made him seem like he was there for business. He took a step in the room and Lilian immediately backed away, unsure what to make of the man before her.

He looked around the room surveying his surroundings coldly while Lilian continued to stand in the doorway. He looked at Mrs. Figg and she looked at him but said nothing and he sat down and looked back at Lilian. "Sit down." He said obviously annoyed that she was still standing, his voice was the level of a whisper, but cold and serious. Lilian jumped and sat down at the table making sure to stay as far away from the man as possible.

"Lilian." Mrs. Figg said and she immediately looked up, if she called her by her actual name it meant business. "This is your Godfather, Severus Snape." Lilian looked at her caretaker shocked and then back at 'Severus Snape' but said nothing to him and avoided making eye contact. "You're leaving today."

"What do you mean I'm leaving?!" Lilian yelled and was about to say anothing thing but was stopped by the adults looks.

"You're moving to live with him." Mrs. Figg said.

"But I don't understand why?" Lilian asked with a hurt expression on her face. "Did I do something wrong? I mean I know weird things happen b-"

"You didn't do anything wrong, I am only able to watch over you until you get this letter." Mrs. Figg said.

"I still don't understand, why do I have to leave? Are you sick?" Lilian asked with concern.

"No." Mrs. Figg said softly to the 10 year old. "Almost 11 years ago I agreed to take care of you and now that you've received this letter, I'm not your legal guardian and it's been changed to him, go pack your stuff you won't be coming back."

Lillian's eyes trialed down to the floor and felt her emotions drop and got out of the chair. 'People are leaving me again.' Was what she thought. First it was her parents and now it's Mrs. Figg.

As Lilian continued to pack all of her stuff in a backpack and she thought about Harry. "What about Harry, I can't just leave him like that!' She turned to the house phone and called the Dursley's.

"Hello?" Harry's voice said. He was the one who always picked up the phone.

"Harry?" Lilian said. "I'm leaving."

"What do you mean you're leaving?!" Harry yelled. "You can't leave me with them!"

"It's not by choice!" She yelled at him tears streaming down her face. "Mrs. Figg isn't my legal guardian anymore, my Godfather is! I didn't even know about this until today!"

"Meet me at the tree." Harry says.

"Alright." Lilian said agreeing and put all on her items in a bag and opened the window. There was a wall so it meant that no one would be able to see her since they didn't have many windows downstairs. Lilian put down her ladder that she made when she was younger to go to Harry and climbed down. She then raced to their secret spot. It was an area where there was a big tree and most of the people in Little Whining didn't know about it.

10 minutes had passed and Lilian was there and so was Harry. They both gave each other a bone-crushing hug.

"I promise I'll call you." Lilian said and Harry nodded and took out a picture they took when they were little..