Ch. 13 Nicolas Flamel

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

NICOLAS FLAMEL

It was the end of break and all of the students returned and it was the day before break was over. Hermione was back and she yelled at her and Harry over and over again. She said that we were lucky that we weren’t kicked out of Hogwarts and was especially disappointed in Lilian for not stopping Harry. They still didn’t know who Nicolas Flamel was so they were still at a lost cause.

It was the day of the Quidditch match Hufflepuffs vs Gryffindors. Harry was incredibly pale. And it was because Lilian’s Godfather was the referee. She went into the Gryffindor common room and took a seat beside Harry, who had just walked in before her. They moved over to where Ron and Hermione, they were playing chess. Besides flying, chess was the only other thing that Ron could beat Hermione at.

“Don’t talk to me for a moment.” He said to Harry and Lilian when they sat down next to him. “I need to concen --” He looked over to Harry. “What’s the matter with you? You look terrible.”

Harry explained quietly about her Godfather refereeing.

“Don’t play.” Hermione said at once and Lilian narrowed her eyes.

“Say you’re ill.” Ron said.

“Take a potion to make you ill.” As much as she hated saying it, Professor Snape was rude to Harry.

“Pretend to break your leg.” Hermione suggested.

“Really break your leg.” Ron and Lilian said.

“I can’t.” Harry said. “There isn’t a reserve Seeker. If I back out, Gryffindor can’t play at all.”

Neville toppled into the common room. His legs were stuck together with the Leg-Locker Curse. Everyone was laughing besides Hermione and Lilian. Both girls quickly did the countercurse. Lilian bent down beside Neville to help him up.

“Hey Neville.” Lilian said, she didn’t understand why people thought this was funny. “What happened?”

“Malfoy.” Neville said shakily and Lilian sighed, she really needed to have a talk with her cousin, well other cousin. “I met him outside the library. He said he’d been looking for someone to practice that on.”

“Go to Professor McGonagall!” Hermione urged. “Report him!”

Neville shook his head.

“I don’t want more trouble.” He mumbled.

“Neville, you can’t allow people to walk all over you like that! I know you’re pretty timid, no offense, but if someone shoots a curse at you fight back!”

“There’s no need to tell me I’m not brave enough to be iin Gryffindor, Malfoy’s already done that.” Neville choked out.

“You’re worth twelve of Malfoy.” Harry said. “The Sorting Hat chose you for Gryffindor, didn’t it? And where’s Malfoy? In stinking Slytherin.”

Lilian rolled her eyes and grabbed his hand. “Not brave enough to be in Gryffindor, let me show you what being brave is. It doesn’t matter what house you’re in, if you have the guts to do something, then do it! And Harry, we’ve talked about thinking all Slytherins are bad.”

“Yes mum.” He said and Lilian shot a look at him. Lilian took out her wand and pointed it at Neville and performed an Anti-Jinx on him.

“There, now Draco won’t be able to Jinx you.” She said and pulled Neville forward. “Let’s go get some revenge.”