Ch: 10 Halloween

CHAPTER TEN

HALLOWEEN

The next day Lilian found out what had happened after the 'duel'. Harry, Ron, Hermione and Neville found out that there was a three-headed guard dog that kept something hidden from the rest of the student body on the floor Dumbledore had told them not to go towards. After a long scolding she also found out that Harry was apart of the Gryffindor Quidditch team. She made a face at the thought of flying but congratulated him. He also had a Nimbus Two Thousand, the fastest broom this year.

She also went to scold her cousin who went red in the face and told her to leave him alone, typical Draco she didn't even react to his anger.

Halloween was right around the corner and Lilian was in a sour mood. Halloween was the day that Voldemort was killed (fear in the name only increases fear in the thing itself you know). She didn't care much for Halloween and didn't celebrate it. It was the same day that Harry's parents were killed and she was left an orphan and put into Mrs. Figg's house.

Even the delicious smelling food from the Great Hall didn't help her. Her Godfather was also in a sour mood and didn't even speak to her once. The only thing that made her feel happy was Charms. Today they were going to learn how to make objects fly. Professor Flitwick used Neville's toad to zoom around the classroom. Even one was in groups of two, Harry was with Seamus, Ron was with Hermione and Lilian was with Dean Thomas.

She couldn't really work much with Dean, all he did was stutter and not look at her. She didn't understand why but Morag seemed to think it was funny and Seamus patted Dean on the back and sent her a wink.

"Now don't forget that nice wrist movement we've been practicing!" Professor Flitwick squeaked to them, still perched on his pile of books. "Swish and flick, remember, swish and flick. And saying the magic words properly is very important, too-- never forget Wizard Baruffio, who said 's' instead of 'f' and found himself on the floor with a buffalo on his chest."

Lilian tried to give Dean, Harry and Seamus some pointers but it was no avail. Seamus' feather burst into flames, Harry couldn't even lift it an inch off the ground, Dean-- well flicked his wand and it landed on the other side of the room. Ron was saying it wrong.

"Wingardium Leviosa!" He shouted waving his long arms around like a windmill, she had to duck to not get hit.

"You're saying it wrong." Hermione and Lilian snapped at him.

"It's Wing-gar-dium Levi-o-sa, make the 'gar' nice and long." Hermione explained.

"You can't just move your arms around like a maniac, you'll take someone's eye out." Lilian hissed angrily, when she walked out of the common room she was splashed with water and paint, courtesy of Entwistle and it took her three hours to finish getting it out of her robes, eyes and hair. "Swish and flick not inelegant waving of arms."

"You do it, then, if you're so clever." Ron snapped at them.

The girls rolled up the sleeves of their gloves, flicked their wands, and said. "Wingardium Leviosa!" In unison.

Both of their feathers rose off their desk and hovered four feet above their heads.

"Oh, well done!" Professor Flitwick cried, clapping. "Everyone see here, Miss Granger's done it!"

The girls smiled at one another and continued to practice Charms, Lilian said goodbye to Dean and Seamus and walked out the class with Hermione.

"It's no wonder no one can stand her." Ron's voice said to Harry. "She's a nightmare, honestly. I bet Lilian's only pitying, though I don't understand what had her in such a foul mood."