Ch: 5 Diagon Alley

CHAPTER FIVE

DIAGON ALLEY

Lilian woke up the next morning and saw the wall that was dark brown instead of light blue. She thought that what had happened yesterday must had been a dream but she was wrong. Everything that had happened was real. She had left her only friend and she wasn't with Mrs. Figg but with her confusing and mysterious godfather Severus Snape. He didn't understand him but that was to be expected, she only knew him for a day so she didn't judge him.

Lilian had a sudden wave of realization and she immediately got out of her bed. She was accepted to a school called 'Hogwarts' and she was a witch? Yes, that's what had happened. She hoped her godfather would be of some help to explain to her exactly what it meant to be a witch. She always thought that magic wasn't real and that witches and wizards only existed in the books she read.

Lilian went over to the other door and opened it to reveal the bathroom. The entire room was white and blue. There was a stool which was besides the mirror and sink in the bathroom. She went onto the stool and looked at herself in the mirror. She needed to wash her face, brush her teeth and fix her hair. But first she took a hot shower.

She put on a blue, white and black headband after she parted her hair and combed it out and then fluffed it to make sure her black hair wasn't laying on her head too much. She put on a light blue shirt with black writing, a black skirt and black shoes on. She noticed that she looked fine and she went out of the bathroom and made her bed, making sure to place her black cat that she's had since she was a baby in the middle of the bed.

She then opened and closed the door to her room. Her godfather was sitting on the old armchair and was reading a newspaper with moving pictures. She thought of her necklace that she never took off even when she took a shower and went to bed. She must have been staring at the paper for too long because Snape looked up at her and snapped. "What?"

She was hesitant to say something. The other kids made fun of her and teased her when she wondered why none of the pictures moved around in the classroom. She didn't show them her necklace, thinking that they were going to take it and put it somewhere she wouldn't be able to reach but she explained what fascinated her.

"The pictures are moving." She said slowly.

"Pictures are able to move because of magic." He explained to her, he didn't say anything else to her and went back to reading. She said nothing to him and went into the kitchen and ate some cereal. Once she was done she put it in the sink only for it to clean itself. She stared at it shocked but shook her head she didn't want to be shocked at everything magical.

She went back into the other room and Snape was waiting for her holding her letter. She wondered how he got her letter but didn't ask. He held out his hand and Lilian gulped but took it and felt the same awful sensation of being pushed through a tube and with an abrupt stop she felt herself falling onto to he stopped by Snape.

"Thank you." She said but he said nothing in return and she looked around at her surroundings only to be completely shocked. There were shops everywhere and people hustling about to do their shopping. She was able to hear a hoot coming from a dark shop with a sign that said "Eeylops Owl Emporium-- Tawny, Screech, Barn, Brown, and Snowy. There were shops selling robes, spell books, quills, parchment, potions and bottles. She stood there in complete shock and only stopped when her godfather continued walking.

A few people in cloaks of different color stopped to look at her and back at Snape but said nothing and continued on their way. They continued moving until they stopped at a snow white building that was larger than all of the other shops beside it. There were large bronze doors and beside the door standing in a uniform of scarlet and gold was a... well she didn't know.