Ch. 16 Through the Trapdoor

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

THROUGH THE TRAPDOOR

The exams went by rather slowly. It was sweltering horn especially in the large classroom where they did their written papers. They were given special, new quills for the exams that were bewitched with an Anti-Cheating spell. She felt like she did a good job.

The particulate exams also went well. Professor Flitwick called them one by one into his class to see if they could make a pineapple tap dance across a desk. She managed to make it dance through the entire room. Which she received a smile from. Professor McGonagall watched the. Then a mouse into a snuffbox -- points were given for how pretty the snuffbox was, but taken away if it had whiskers. Professor Snape made her nervous though she did a good job making a Forgetfulness potion.

Lilian spent her time with Harry because they explained to her what had happened. She tried to call him down but she knew that he had his usual nightmares.

The last exam was History of Magic where she answered questions about batty old wizards who'd invented self stirring cauldrons and they would be free until their exam results came out. Professor Binns told them to put down their grills and roll up their parchments and the entire class cheered,

Lilian met up with her favorite Gryffindor first years, "That was far easier than I thought it would be." Hermione said as they joined the crowds flocked out onto the sunny grounds. "I needn't have learned about the 1637 Werewolf Code of Conduct or the uprising if Elfric the Eager."

Hermione and Lilian went through their exam papers but Ron said it made him feel ill, so they wandered down to the lake and flopped under a tree. Fred, George, and Lee Jordan were rocking the tentacle of a giant squid and Lilian ran over to them.

"Mind if I join in?" She asks with a smile on her face.

"Sure cousin." Fred says and she spent her time with the third years and ignored the fact that her first years friends left.

An hour had passed and she said goodbye to the third years and looked for her friends and saw them.

"It's tonight." Harry said. "Snape's going through the trapdoor tonight. He's found out everything he needs, and now he's got Dumbledore out of the way. He sent that note, I bet the Ministry of Magic will get a real shock when Dumbledore turns up."

Lilian ignores the part about her Godfather and listened to them.

"But what can we --"

Hermione gasped and the other three wheel around.

Her Godfather was standing right there.

"Good afternoon." He said smoothly and his eyes flick over to Lilian who looked down. The rest of the group stares at him.

"You shouldn't be inside on a day like this." He says with an odd, twisted smile.

"We were --" Harry and Lilian begin, but have no idea what they were going to say,

"You want to be more careful." He says, "Hanging around like this, people will think you're up to something. And Gryffindor really can't afford to lose any more point, can it?"

He motions to Lilian and she mentally groans, 'Now she's in trouble.'

Harry flushed and they turn to go outside but Professor Snape calls them back.

"Be warned, Potter -- any more nighttime wanderings and I will personally make sure you are expelled. Good day to you."

He grabs Lilian hand and leads her away. "Why do you always do this?!" She yells.

"I don't have to explain myself to you." He hisses.

"Yes you do!" He turns to face her.

"I know you and Potter suspect me of taking the Philosopher's stone." He whispers.

"Too bad you're wrong!" She yells and rips her hand from his. "I never thought you did it!"

He stopped and stares at her. She glares at him. "I'm going to my dormitory and no I won't be going out and following them."