six

{sorry this is so short!}

18TH JULY 2016 || MONTREAL, CANADA

ÁLVARO RUBBED AT HIS eyes and yawned. Raphaël was staring at him intently with no obvious emotion on his face.

"What dude?" Álvaro said defensively.

"You look like you haven't slept in years," Raphaël stuck his nose up in the air and turned away. Clearly there was still tension, "Coach is going to kill you,"

Álvaro ran his hands through his hair and looked into the slim mirror by the wardrobe. Raphaël was right; he did look a horrid mess. His eyes were wide, red and sunken and dark bags hung from them. Maybe staying up and overthinking was not the best idea.

Raphaël shrugged on the Real Madrid training jacket and exited, not giving the Spaniard a second look. What didn't surprise him was that, when he knocked on his best friend's door and she answered, she mirrored his morning appearance.

"Klara, did you sleep last night?" he said immediately, "You look like you've been thrown to the wolves,"

She scrunched up her face, "So pleasant you are Rafa, so pleasant and flattering. But I did sleep a few hours; don't worry about me,"

Raphaël was about to retort but he knew that would make the situation much worse and being 8 AM, he really wasn't up for a fight, "Come on, let's get down to breakfast,"

She told him to wait a minute as she grabbed her camera and bag as they would go to training straight after breakfast.

"Good morning, Klara and Raphaël," Zizou greeted them both with hugs and kisses on the cheeks, "Klara, you don't have to film breakfast today. Eat up guys, long day ahead,"

They both nodded and left for the breakfast buffet. Being a footballer means a big diet full of big foods so there was every breakfast food you could think of on the table.

However, Klara's plate was just as big as Raphaël's and they took a seat with Isco, Mateo Kovačić and Casemiro.

"Are you alright Klara?" Isco frowned at Klara.

She smiled at him limply, "I'm doing good Isco. I just didn't sleep too much last night,"

He nodded and looked down to tear the attention from her. He could tell she didn't want it.

"30 minutes everyone!" Zizou shouted which had Raphaël scrambling because everyone in the countries of Europe knew he was the slowest eater in the world.

"Alva!" Isco rose up and waved the lost Spaniard over. Raphaël obviously couldn't protest as he didn't want to be the one creating tension in the team.

Álvaro reluctantly sat on the side of Casemiro and Isco which ironically faced Raphaël.

"You look dead as hell too, bro," Mateo commented, "What is happening to you all?"

"To us all?" Álvaro frowned, "What do you mean?"

"Klara looks like she hasn't slept a wink either," Casemiro chuckled.

Álvaro's frown set in deeper. He hadn't heard a single tune come of out of her mouth after he was left hanging in the hallway so she too must have been up and thinking. She met his eye before looking down and stabbing at her scrambled egg.

"I heard we're allowed to visit New York while we're in New Jersey? Is that true?" Isco asked excitedly.

Klara's eyes lit up, "Really? That's like a photographer's dream! I'd love to go,"

"It is cool isn't it?" Raphaël smiled, "Being tourists for a day doesn't sound too bad,"

-

Rafa was collapsed on the floor in sweat as he chugged down waves and waves of water from the bottle.

Klara had to keep herself from bursting out in giggles as she filmed him and the other boys on their break. It wasn't even lunch!

"Don't film me!" Raphaël whined in French. She understood perfectly as he would teach her phrases on the side.

"It's my job," she responded with a chuckle and zoomed on him for extra flattering shots.

"Klara!" Zizou shouted her name and she dropped her camera in fears of being reprimanded, "I need you to do short interviews,"

She nodded and ran over to where he was. Zidane then directed her and Karim over to a spot to ask him the questions public relations told her to ask him.

It was all basic things like; How excited are you for pre-season? Do you think you can win the ICC?

It was over quickly and he went to get the next person Zidane sent. Of course, by fate, it just had to be Álvaro. No one could blame Zinedine though. He didn't know of any history between Álvaro and Klara.

"Hey," he said softly.

She just ignored his tempting smile and set up the camera to focus properly on him, "Let's just start this. Here's the questions I have to ask," she handed him a piece of paper for him to skim, "Have some answers in your head. 3, 2, 1,"

"So Álvaro, you've just re-joined Real Madrid. Do you have any expectations set or hopes for yourself this season?" Klara read monotonously off the sheet.

Álvaro resisted the urge to frown at her tone, "Well I just hope that I can prove to everyone that I belong here and that it's my time here at Madrid since last time was not. I hope that I get some playing time and keep improving my football so I'm excited for this season,"

They would never get those sullen three minutes back where Klara asked with no emotion and Álvaro feeling like he was talking to a brick wall. However, Zidane called for lunch right after it finished and Álvaro took it as his chance.

"Klara," he reached out to catch her arm.

She retracted it back to her side impulsively and turned, "What?"

"Klara, please just drop this façade you put on around me and make it easier for the both of us," he pleaded, "Let's go talk,"

"No," she scoffed, "There's nothing to talk about. And this isn't a facade, Morata. It's been two years. You might not be so different, but I am,"

"I refuse to believe that," he countered, "I know you're still my Klara you were two years ago with Raphaël and everyone else. Why can't you act the same with me?"

"I'm not your Klara anymore Álvaro," she spat, "We will never go back to that point again,"

Álvaro just sighed and looked at the girl intently. He knew he had to crack this girl down and he was willing to go to every length to get his Klara back.

-

"It's only lunchtime and you looked drained as hell," Raphaël frowned at his best friend and snapped his fingers at her to get her drifting attention, "Klara!"

She pushed her hair back, "Sorry Rafa. I don't know what's gotten over me,"

Raphaël gritted his teeth, "I do. That stupid boy has you this tired and dazed. Stop thinking about him Klara,"

"Don't you think i'm trying Raphaël?" she snapped and stood up from her seat. Klara walked away to leave him alone and thinking.

This thing between Klara and Álvaro was bad for both parties and everyone around them.

The relationship was becoming toxic once again.