twenty

27TH AUGUST 2016 || MADRID, SPAIN

"MATCHDAY," the happiness in his voice was evident, "Excited?"

"Of course," she stated as if was the most obvious thing in the world, "You know how much I love watching football matches,"

It was Week 2 of La Liga, and Real Madrid's first home game. They were hosting Celta and Álvaro was in the starting line-up. He had invited her to come and watch, and of course she said yes. She didn't have other plans, as usual.

Klara worked for a renowned music label in Madrid as a producer since achieving her music production degree in University. She often just worked with artists from all over the world, but sometimes worked with the students from the University to help them gain experience. She had a month or so long break and only returned the previous day.

The couple blabbed on for as long as they could until he had to get ready to go to the stadium. They had sorted out that Klara would sit in the VIP box along with the family and friends of the players.

-

Ten minutes later, she received a FaceTime call.

"Bitch, you haven't talked to me for ages!" Miya shrieked with a goofy grin on her face.

Klara rolled her eyes to hide the fact that she had totally been so caught up in everything that she had forgotten about her other best friend, "In my defence, you haven't called either,"

"Yeah, yeah," Miya chuckled, "So, what's up? Anything changed?"

Klara took a deep breath. It was the perfect time to tell her, "Not much, you know, just that i'm back together with Álvaro?"

Miya's jaw dropped almost comically and she stayed deadly silent for a while. You could almost hear the crickets chirping in London.

"What?" Miya broke her silence with a yell, "How could you have only thought to tell me this! Klara Abigail! How long?"

Klara laughed at her best friend's reaction, "Only four days. It all started in New York where he admitted that he was jealous of another boy flirting with me and then admitted that he still liked me. He broke up with his girlfriend too,"

"He broke up with his girlfriend too?" Miya repeated her words slowly.

Klara scrunched up her face and pursed her lips, "It sounds bad doesn't it? It's not like I gave him an ultimatum or anything. I didn't make him choose. We talked on a roof for a bit where he admitted he still loved me. You know that i'm not over him, Mi. Anyway, he turned up at my door at like 2 AM and he told me he broke up with her. After, I told him I wanted to take it slow, but that lasted two weeks. He's an absolute dream though; just like the Álvaro I remember," she smiled contently to herself.

Miya squealed nonetheless, "Klara i'm so happy for you! You two were the best couple, I swear!"

"I'm happy," she stated with the biggest grin on her face, "I think he's happy, and Raphaël's alright with it,"

Miya analysed the happiness on her best friend's face, "It was always going to end like this, wasn't it?"

"What was?"

"You and Álvaro. It's like written in the stars. Before thing started to go downhill in that last month, you looked at him as if he was the only thing you'd never be able to give up. He looked at you as if you put colour into his world," Miya explained.

"How have you been able to tell? You haven't seen us in so long," a smile played on Klara's lips.

"Klara, if I could tell from a picture or a video, then it sure as hell must be a strong look of love," Miya mused, "I'm telling you Klara, you two are meant to be. Fate,"