twenty three

SEPTEMBER 6TH 2016 || MADRID, SPAIN

IT WAS MID-AFTERNOON and the sun cast bright shadows of the people. Klara was bored and leaning against a pilar as she waited at the bus station for the Madrid based players to arrive. There were fans here and there and some press too, but nothing major.

The bus finally pulled up into its spot, and the players filtered out. Their suitcases were being taken out of the side of the bus too. Klara detached from the pilar and lingered closer to the bus. Sese was one of the first ones out, and smiled at her when he saw her.

Álvaro soon came out behind Marco and his face immediately lit up when he saw her. It was quite cheesy, really, but Klara loved this idea.

He quickly took his bag, said goodbye to Marco and approached her with wide arms. Klara grinned and accepted his hug. He wrapped his arms strongly around her in a tight bear hug.

"I've missed you so much," he mumbled against her hair and placed a kiss there.

"I've missed you too superstar," her chuckle vibrated through the both of them, "I watched the game last night. Two goals huh?"

"Poor Lichtenstein," Álvaro crinkled his nose, "8-0, but great for us. How was Barcelona?"

"Lovely, as always," she smiled, "I love having the whole family together,"

"Don't you go leaving for the rival city," he joked and leaned down to capture her lips in his for a while, before pulling away, "Are you sure you're okay with us going public?"

She nodded firmly, "It's been a little while now anyway. As I said, i'm okay with it as long as you are,"

-

Unfortunately, Klara still had work. She was in the studio from 10 am to 12pm, and had to come back at 3pm until 6. After grabbing some takeaway, she and Álvaro drove to the studio. Although she offered to take him home to rest, all he wanted to do was spend time with her.

"What are you doing in the studio today?" he asked whilst sipping on his iced tea.

"Helping a band from Uni record a song, if nothing's changed," she shrugged, "Beware though, one of them came in a Barca shirt the other week,"

"Oh great," he rolled his eyes and chuckled, "Who from Madrid even supports Barca?"

"Nicolas said the same thing," she chuckled, "Don't distract them alright? Just eat your noodles and watch,"

The couple arrived at the studio minutes later and she parked her car. The lobby was empty, aside from the receptionist behind the front desk.

"Hey George," she grinned, "Which studio am I in today? My studio?"

His eyes went to Álvaro before going back down to the screen, "Yeah, your studio is free,"

Since she often worked from home as a songwriter, her studio was often used in case of overflow or something. Also, she had some pretty good instruments in there. When she was in the studio earlier that day, she was working with another producer and a small rising artist.

George looked at Álvaro again curiously.

"Oh this is Álvaro, my boyfriend," she squeezed his arm. The two exchanged smiles and she pulled him away and into her studio.

"George seems nice. Are you two friends?" Álvaro hummed innocently.

"Work friends," she clarified with a giggle, "Don't get jealous Álvarito,"

He pressed a kiss on her jawline, which was much more accessible as she was wearing heeled boots, "Was not getting jealous. Just clarifying,"

She smirked and pushed the door into her studio. It had been a couple days since she worked there and it was extremely cold, so the first thing she did was turn the heater on. Álvaro warmed up on the couch, which was next to the heater.

"This is so cool," he mumbled and looked around. There was a recording booth and then a big set of buttons and things in front of the glass. There were then a lot of instruments in the corner, "Play me something babe. I haven't heard your voice in a while,"

She picked up the keyboard from the corner of instruments and plugged it in, before placing it in front of the couch and sitting down next to Álvaro.

"What song?" she tested out a few chords as she laid her head on his shoulders.

"I really like," he paused to think of its name, "Let it go- not from the film Frozen, I hate that,"

She smiled at his comment, and found the song in her cords book. Let It Go was a really kind of emotional song for her, since it was written through the phase of her and Álvaro's fights. Klara wondered how he even knew about the song, considering she released it through James Bay a while after they had broken up. She asked him this while she set up.

"I heard it on the radio once," he shrugged, "Then I looked it up on YouTube and saw your name in the description. You always managed to haunt me then,"

She stayed quiet and began the song. Álvaro kept his eyes on her. She always put so much passion into her songs.

-

"Klara does it again," as the song ended, four boys walked into the room clapping, "We didn't want to interrupt,"

Klara broke from Álvaro and stood up, "Thank you, it's nice to see you guys again," she greeted each of them with a hand slap, "Johnny, Rafael, Mikel, Dan, this is Álvaro, my boyfriend. Hope he won't distract too much,"

Mikel scrunched up his nose, "Álvaro Morata?"

Álvaro nodded slowly, "The one and only. I'm guessing you were the one who came in a Barcelona shirt the other week?"

Mikel laughed, "Yeah, yeah, but i'm a big fan of you, honestly. Especially in the national team, dude,"

Álvaro grinned and gave them all bro-shakes.

"Okay, okay," Klara ushered them to hurry up unpacking their own instruments and setting up the drums for Dan, "We have work to do, guys. Don't mind him!"

-

"They were nice," Álvaro slipped his fingers through hers as they walked out of the studio. A bag carrying a guitar was now on her back as she tried to haul it home, "Baby, are you sure you can carry that?"

She grimaced, "I'm stronger than I look, Morata,"

He snorted unconvinced, "Debatable,"

Rolling her eyes, she opened the door to the backseat and slid in the guitar along the seats. Álvaro readily climbed into the passenger seat. It was just past 6 PM, and the recording finished right on time.

The car was chilly and her leather seats felt cool against her exposed thighs under her skirt. She turned on the heating and shivered, "Off to your house? You haven't rested yet,"

"Only if you come," he pouted.

Klara giggled at his pouting face, and kissed his cheek affectionately, "Only if you make dinner,"

Álvaro scoffed, "How does takeaway pizza sound?"

[A/N: what a bad ending to a chapter lol. hope you didn't find those two filler chapters too atrocious! also, i have sad news regarding this story :( go check my message board! thank you all for reading X]